Author Topic: Phrasing requests nicely  (Read 2397 times)

Victoria

• Administrator
  • Posting Machine
Phrasing requests nicely
« on: July 09, 2007, 05:42:03 pm »
We do not "need" more stories about your favorite celeb.  You may want more, but the site as a whole does not need more. Or even some.

Authors don't need you telling them that they "should" write about this celeb or that one.

A request is just that, a request. Ask nicely and maybe someone will fill it.  Dictate what you feel others should do and the post will be ignored or even deleted.

Nobody here owes you a damn thing, writing a story is a lot of work to take on to please someone else, so ask nicely or take a hike.

Victoria
Deja moo - Feeling you've heard this Bull before.

Learned I was dyslexic when I went to a Toga party dressed as a Goat!

Microsoft will make a product that doesn't suck the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

Light travels faster than sound. Why some people appear bright until they speak.

richie

• I'm a llama!
Re:Phrasing requests nicely
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:11:44 pm »
I am with you. If you can't say please, thank you and great job, then don't say anything.

Monkey D Luffy

• On Vacation - 30 days
  • Posting Machine
  • I'm horny!
Re:Phrasing requests nicely
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:48:40 pm »
I agree with both. To me personally it ok when a person request a celebrity and/or the kind of story they want.  That helps the writer come uo with a idea when they are stuck.  But they should know that we will not alway be able to write the story or stories they want too read.
Maybe next time I'll pay attention to the Mods.

Maybe not.

Maybe my next vacation will be longer.

Or permanent.

richie

• I'm a llama!
answer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 01:37:39 pm »
Victoria-I am talking about the show on @DK. Not the tradgeady. Sorry about the missunderstanding. I would never suggest such a thing. Believe me.  Richie