Author Topic: Need HELP finding Stories!!  (Read 18940 times)

Helper

• CSSA's Offical Helper
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The Help
Need HELP finding Stories!!
« on: August 19, 2006, 06:00:43 am »
Here is the problem.  I have been receiving emails with information about there still being dead story links on the site.  Those problems are being handled as fast as possible as they are reported.  While finding those problems amongst others throughout the site I've come across missing stories or wrong stories for the titles given.

So I've created this thread so that I can list which stories CSSA is in need of to correct those problems.  All I need from you, the board members, is to reply if you know where I can retrieve the stories listed
(DO NOT reply with LINKS on this board.  NO WEB ADDRESSES or EMAIL ADDRESSES ARE TO SHOW UP ON THIS THREAD OTHER THAN the one listed below).  

Now I don't need multiple people replying about the same story.  So if you see someone has already said that they have it or know where we can get a copy of the story then please don't reply.  Now for the ones that do reply I would like for you to send a copy of the story or a link or something to cssahelper @ gmail (dot) com (just remove spaces and (dot) for correct address).  And please use the Subject Heading: CSSA Missing Story - (Story Title).

CSSA would really appreciate any and all help you can provide us.  Now for the list of stories which will be added to as we find other stories.
---------------------------------

Rachel Stevens: Simon Says, Sweet Dreams from Your L.A. Ex
- Part 2   by Tim Larkins

(Had a Joan Lunden story to go with this title. Not a good thing)

Rookie to Legends (Part 1)  
(Only parts 2 & 3 could be found on the site)

The Help
When you r n trouble & there's no 1 to call, maybe you should call 'The Help!'  He curses like lumberjack, fights formats & rejects stories left/right. He'll go toe-to-toe w/ the best writers in the biz, & he's a fan who can jack it w/ the best of them!

Dudester

• I'm a llama!
Re:Need HELP finding Stories!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 01:27:37 pm »
I notice the site hasn't been updated since 8/20 and that the site might be a hobby-time restricted.

Anyway, two sites I contribute to have stopped accepting stories because of the recent prosecution of the woman who owned a story site.

In this case there has been an indictment, but no court dates. Myself, I feel that this prosecutor and Grand Jury are disregarding the first and fourth amendment. Can this be the reason for the recent slowdown? And is the site going to be affected by this?

Victoria

• Administrator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 01:32:39 pm »
This site is not US based, so although I watch closely the on-going text site prosecutions, at this time they have had zero effect on this site.

If you'd read a little you'd see the thread explaining whats going on with updates, or am I crazy for expecting people to read on a story site?

Victoria
Deja moo - Feeling you've heard this Bull before.

Learned I was dyslexic when I went to a Toga party dressed as a Goat!

Microsoft will make a product that doesn't suck the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

Light travels faster than sound. Why some people appear bright until they speak.

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 02:07:59 am »
Myself, I absorb the stories by osmosis.  I put my face up against the screen and lick the words off. :D
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 04:45:06 pm »
or am I crazy for expecting people to read on a story site?

Victoria

You're crazy, V - I only show up long enough to get hypnotized by your avatar flashing me for a few minutes and then drag myself back to work. I don't have time to READ anything here. ;)
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Dragon333

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 02:22:42 pm »
When I clicked on Worse than Jail part one, it led me to a totally diffeerent story. I hope that helps.

Ingen

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 05:14:58 pm »
Hi All!

There are some stories of Britney Spears which can only be accessed by searching (like search celeb Britney) which cannot be seen under B story gategory.

I wish that those will not be lost during the coming major storydatabase upgrade (e.g. that they were not censored purposely). Meanwhile I wish that someones can find there some stories they have not seen before/or seen since couple of years.

BR
Ingen

dbud

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 04:56:46 pm »
in the database, there are two sections under the celeb name Jessica Andrews. I was searching for stories with Julie Andrews (hey stop laughing, she is a very mature and beautiful woman and you have no right to judge) and came across it. Thought I'd point it out.

One had andrews spelled with a lower case and the other had Andrews with a cap. there were 4 stories under the lower and 1 under the upper.

PS if someone could write me a Sound of Music sex story, I'd be much obliged. Seriously.

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 02:28:01 am »
I've been considering just such a thing but it will take a while before I get to it.
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

Victoria

• Administrator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:36:06 pm »
Fixed the Jessica Andrews problem.

Victoria

Microsoft will make a product that doesn't suck the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

Light travels faster than sound. Why some people appear bright until they speak.

theming

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 09:28:59 am »
Hi,

I've been a longtime reader, but never contributed anything in the forums.
When browsing the forums I came across this tread, and figured why not do my little part, so while reading some stories I took a few notes of minor issues, today on the letter A.

The Angelina Jolie story: Workout with Lara - Part 2 links to an Ashanti called "Worse Than Jail" (and the Ashanti story links to Workout with Lara)

There are also mutliple entries for several celebs.
I've just listed the different names there are entries on below:
Alanis Morisette
Alanis Morissette

Alexis Biedel
Alexis Bledel

Alison Mack
Allison Mack

Alsyon Michalka
Aly Michalka
Alyson Michalka

Ashlie Brillault
Ashlie Brillout

There's also one entry listed as Andrew Corr, that should be Andrea.

I hope this is the kind of input you're looking for here, and that I don't offend anyone.

Thanks to everyone conributing for a great site.
-theming :-)

zeusaphone

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 05:19:26 pm »
Serena After Hours, with Serena Williams, seems to be dead.

Victoria

• Administrator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 05:20:10 pm »
Thanks to both of you.

Victoria

rupert

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 05:39:56 pm »
Here are some celebrities with different spelling in different entries.

Tiffany Amber Thiessen
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Scarlett Johansson
Sophie Ellis Baxter
Shannen Doherty
Stacy Keibler
Skye Sweetnam (spelled Syke)

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 08:28:13 pm »
And some more (only the right spelling of the name is listed here) from B to H:

Barbara Schöneberger
Beverley Mitchell
Brooke Burns
Candice Michelle
Carmella DeCesare
Chastity
Christie Hayes
Courteney Cox
Cybill Shepherd
Dana Delany
Dannii Minogue
Debbe Dunning
Debbie Matenopoulos
Elisabeth Filarski
Elizabeth Berkley
Elle Macpherson
Emmanuelle Beart
Erika Eleniak
Evangeline Lilly
Felecia
Gail O'Grady
Gena Lee Nolin
Hannah Spearritt
Hayden Panettiere*
Hilary Swank

*This may hold the record for the most misspellings in recent memory, what with this site and elsewhere - Hayden Pantierre, anyone?
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"