Author Topic: CSSA Hall Of Famer: Jennifer Love Hewitt  (Read 4366 times)

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
CSSA Hall Of Famer: Jennifer Love Hewitt
« on: July 18, 2006, 08:45:04 pm »
Scrappy-Doo joined the Scooby-Doo lineup some way into the run, but he made an impact in the worst way. Jennifer Love Hewitt joined Party of Five after it began, but she made an impact in the best way. The show had something for everyone; those who liked guys had Matthew Fox and Scott Wolf, while the ones who went for ladies enjoyed Neve Campbell and (once she hit puberty) Lacey Chabert, and everyone felt that Neve would be the breakout of the Salinger clan, what with the Scream movies and all.

But it was JLH as Sarah who got her own spinoff series Time of Your Life - even though both shows went off the air in the same season, it wouldn't be the last we'd see of her (or the actress who played her best mate on the show, Jennifer Garner). And it’s JLH who’s become the bigger name (Neve may be doing stage work in the West End, but is Churchill: The Hollywood Years really a plus on anyone’s CV?). Already a veteran of the tube and not even near 30, the girl who used to be known as Love Hewitt until she realised at an early age that it wouldn’t do for a growing girl sings, acts, does cartoon voices and has finally gotten a series of her own that hasn’t been axed after a year.

More importantly, she’s retained the attributes that have made her a favourite among boys aged between 11 and 1111 – not just those that earned her the name “Jennifer Love Hugetits” but the wide-eyed perkiness and touches of fragility. Times may change, but it’s still hard to resist someone you want to protect; the girl-woman that’s our Jen may not have the greatest choice of scripts (witness her startling number of movies still on the shelf, and even some that get released… Garfield: A Tail Of Two Kitties, anyone?), but she’s yet to succumb to the perils of drink, drugs or Tom Cruise… and the fact that at the time of writing she appears in more stories here than any other celeb, plus her continued inspiration to the members, tells its own story.

Long may she serve in the Harem (and in Cindy Inc.); and welcome to the CSSA Hall Of Fame, Jennifer Love Hewitt.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"