Author Topic: CSSA Hall Of Famer: Sarah Michelle Gellar  (Read 3724 times)

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
CSSA Hall Of Famer: Sarah Michelle Gellar
« on: July 18, 2006, 08:43:05 pm »
In some parallel universe, Edie Falco and/or Allison Janney took a page from John Larroquette’s book and took themselves out of Emmy contention, thus letting other deserving actresses (J. Garner, K. Bell etc) get the golden guy once or twice. In some parallel universe, The Simpsons is not only allowed to compete for Outstanding Comedy Series but has actually won that Emmy at least twice. In some parallel universe, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is never mentioned without the words “multiple Emmy-winning” prefacing it. And in some parallel universe, Sarah Michelle Gellar accounts for at least one of those Emmys.

As if starring in one of the best TV shows ever made wasn’t enough, the pint-sized, well-formed blonde beauty that is Sarah has also over the years survived being married to Freddie Prinze Jr., appearing in both Scooby-Doo movies and bringing dreams to life at least twice – by teaming up with Jennifer Love Hewitt in I Know What You Did Last Summer (even if she did end up dead) and by kissing Selma Blair onscreen in Cruel Intentions. Most amazingly of all, SMG’s high standing comes without ever doing nudity; of all the women to make it into the Hall of Fame this year, Sarah’s been the most flesh-resistant. No unintentional flashes via the stalkerazzi (Alba’s butt flash, Portman’s topless tanning), no nip slips on screen (Hewitt, Aguilera), no gratuitous bikini shots (Dushku), not even posing-nude-without-actually-showing-anything (Britney)… and she still scores well with guys. There’s a lesson there.

One of the brightest stars in the cult universe and of this site, welcome to the Hall of Fame Sarah Michelle Gellar.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"