Author Topic: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - ALL MUST READ  (Read 7733 times)

CarnageJackson

• Administrator
  • Intelligence. Beauty. Grace.
    • carnagejackson.com
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - ALL MUST READ
« on: September 12, 2004, 12:26:52 am »
Because of recent posts today, including half a dozen "reported posts", I feel it neccesary to post one more fucking time some of the rules and ettiquette of these boards.

Anyone not following these rules, and I mean ANYONE will find themselves banned permanently from the boards

1. NO POLITICAL BICKERING - Yes it is an election year. Yes people are very strong about their beliefs. However, in case you didn't notice, this is a forum for CELEBRITIES. DO NOT post anything even close to political related here, or flag waving (or flag burning) or anything of the sort that is likely to intice arguments or baiting. This rule has been broken wayyy too much lately and it is really starting to piss me off.

2. NO BADMOUTHING AUTHORS - We DO NOT tolerate the trashing of any author, no matter their skill or story preference or icon on whatever. This is one of the rare communities that is positive towards peoples outlook on creativity and I intend to keep it that way. If you don't like someone's stories, do not read them. If you REALLY have an issue with them, then email the author or just stay fucking quiet. In this same vein...

3. NO FLAME WARS - Bickering with other authors is not acceptable. This has been happening a lot in the past few months, mostly by the same handful of people, but also some newbies. We do NOT tolerate this and consider this one final warning. Anyone baiting or luring someone else into a pissing contest will be banned for good.

Finally, KEEP THINGS FUN! We have all been having a great time here, and we want to keep that up. But as vets know, if things get out of hand, Victoria will pull the plug in a heartbeat and I really don't want to have to grovel again, for a third time, to get her to change her mind. We owe her a lot for her generosity and because of that, I intend to keep paying her back by keeping everyone on their best behavior. I don't care if you have 1 or 1,000 messages under your belt, you will be punished for this. We have to set standards and make examples, otherwise the whole place could be gone.

Feel free to comment on this if you really must, but keep in mind that these rules are not flexible from here on out. I'm tired of second chances, I want things to shape up around here.
"I met your savior and I knelt at his feet and he took my ten bucks and went down the street  "
- The Hold Steady

Budpaul

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Must find new host for my Amanda Bynes pic
Re:ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - ALL MUST READ
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 07:15:50 am »
1. NO POLITICAL BICKERING - Yes it is an election year. Yes people are very strong about their beliefs. However, in case you didn't notice, this is a forum for CELEBRITIES. DO NOT post anything even close to political related here, or flag waving (or flag burning) or anything of the sort that is likely to intice arguments or baiting. This rule has been broken wayyy too much lately and it is really starting to piss me off.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!  I've been trying to ween myself off my obsession with this election and I was sad to see that some political commentary was starting to be allowed in.  I just want to come here and read celebrity gossip and the occasional comic book rant.  Thank you for enforcing this.
Is it wrong for me to believe that anyone who voted for Bush is either woefully misinformed, mind-numbingly retarded or just pure evil?
Samuel Jackson Beer - you'll be fucking fat chicks in no time!

Maverick

• Posting Machine
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 08:39:34 pm »
Your word is my command! :)
I get it, you're EVIL!. Do we have to chat about it all day?

SuperRey

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 04:55:19 am »

Yet, you allow the posts about 9/11, which is what this election will be far & away based on. You then lock that topic, as if we're all supposed to feel one, mega-specific, uniform way about it.

zoghade

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 07:15:25 am »

Yet, you allow the posts about 9/11, which is what this election will be far & away based on. You then lock that topic, as if we're all supposed to feel one, mega-specific, uniform way about it.

....look at what you just said. Don't you kind of see a GLARING contradiction there in your attempt to make him look bad in the fact that the topic was locked because it's not allowed to be there and shouldn't have been made in the first place?

Simply put, it was locked because it's political bickering that was leading into mindless political flaming. And it was done so NOT because everyone's expected to feel a certain way about it, but because that's not the point of this board. They're simple rules, we just need to try our best to abide by them.

CarnageJackson

• Administrator
  • Intelligence. Beauty. Grace.
    • carnagejackson.com
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 07:17:01 am »
What was posted previous to this new official stance is irrelevant. I can't take back what anyone said before, so I'm not even going to try. But I will certainly keep it from happening again.

Go ahead and try me on this SuperRey...see what happens.
"I met your savior and I knelt at his feet and he took my ten bucks and went down the street  "
- The Hold Steady

Victoria

• Administrator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 08:03:49 am »
The thread you speak of was locked, but all political references were edited from the posts.  Nothing wrong with feeling bad for those who perished on 9/11.

Victoria
Deja moo - Feeling you've heard this Bull before.

Learned I was dyslexic when I went to a Toga party dressed as a Goat!

Microsoft will make a product that doesn't suck the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

Light travels faster than sound. Why some people appear bright until they speak.

SuperRey

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 01:59:24 pm »
The thread you speak of was locked, but all political references were edited from the posts.  Nothing wrong with feeling bad for those who perished on 9/11.

Victoria

Except that while all of us feel it, not everyone feels the exact same way, or feels a certain way to the same extent.

You locked it. Now rid of it.

zoghade

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2004, 03:26:29 pm »

Victoria

Except that while all of us feel it, not everyone feels the exact same way, or feels a certain way to the same extent.

Chill. Out. To me, you sound like you're trying to take control of the board. It's true that not everyone feels the same way, but who cares? I expressed a completely different emotion from that of the thread, and you don't see me complaining.

What harm is the LOCKED topic doing to you? Let it be.

Edit: Oh, and so this can't turn into a huge flamefest between you and me, I'm not responding to any further posts in the same way I just did; I'll let the mods and admins deal with it from here on out. I simply felt that I had to speak my mind.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 03:30:50 pm by Salarta »

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The Lind sisters are dirty girls
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004, 04:24:09 pm »

Victoria

Dude, are you trying to get yourself banned? Openly challenging the board Goddess is not exactly the best way to make sure you stick around. ::)
Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare yeah, hey, hey, hey...

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 04:27:24 pm »

Victoria
Amen to that Victoria!  And SuperRay watch out man.  You're tettering on the edge of the cliff.  If you want to stay safe, come back here with me so we're a few feet away from falling instead of mere millimeters.
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I wanna yeah, yeah, yeah
I wanna see you tonight yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I gotta yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, let me see your hands
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, tonight is the night