Author Topic: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - ALL MUST READ  (Read 26015 times)

CarnageJackson

• Administrator
  • Intelligence. Beauty. Grace.
    • carnagejackson.com
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - ALL MUST READ
« on: September 12, 2004, 12:26:23 am »
Because of recent posts today, including half a dozen "reported posts", I feel it neccesary to post one more fucking time some of the rules and ettiquette of these boards.

Anyone not following these rules, and I mean ANYONE will find themselves banned permanently from the boards

1. NO POLITICAL BICKERING - Yes it is an election year. Yes people are very strong about their beliefs. However, in case you didn't notice, this is a forum for CELEBRITIES. DO NOT post anything even close to political related here, or flag waving (or flag burning) or anything of the sort that is likely to intice arguments or baiting. This rule has been broken wayyy too much lately and it is really starting to piss me off.

2. NO BADMOUTHING AUTHORS - We DO NOT tolerate the trashing of any author, no matter their skill or story preference or icon on whatever. This is one of the rare communities that is positive towards peoples outlook on creativity and I intend to keep it that way. If you don't like someone's stories, do not read them. If you REALLY have an issue with them, then email the author or just stay fucking quiet. In this same vein...

3. NO FLAME WARS - Bickering with other authors is not acceptable. This has been happening a lot in the past few months, mostly by the same handful of people, but also some newbies. We do NOT tolerate this and consider this one final warning. Anyone baiting or luring someone else into a pissing contest will be banned for good.

Finally, KEEP THINGS FUN! We have all been having a great time here, and we want to keep that up. But as vets know, if things get out of hand, Victoria will pull the plug in a heartbeat and I really don't want to have to grovel again, for a third time, to get her to change her mind. We owe her a lot for her generosity and because of that, I intend to keep paying her back by keeping everyone on their best behavior. I don't care if you have 1 or 1,000 messages under your belt, you will be punished for this. We have to set standards and make examples, otherwise the whole place could be gone.

Feel free to comment on this if you really must, but keep in mind that these rules are not flexible from here on out. I'm tired of second chances, I want things to shape up around here.
"I met your savior and I knelt at his feet and he took my ten bucks and went down the street  "
- The Hold Steady

Professor Moriarty

Re:ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - ALL MUST READ
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 12:50:27 am »
Well put. I agree with every word.

bdsmchick

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 12:53:03 am »
What Professor said.

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The Lind sisters are dirty girls
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 12:56:36 am »
What Professor said.
I want to be different, so I'll agree with everything Jen said. ;) ;D
Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare yeah, hey, hey, hey...

IYG

• Batty as a Louisville Slugger
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • CSSAs movie buff extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 12:58:59 am »
This is kind of scary, I was actually going to write something a bit similar (I really was).

Good work Carnage, I agree with every single word.
Why don't you make like a tree, and get the fuck outta here?

zahir

• Author
  • Why is this board calling me a llama?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 01:02:56 am »
Snapping to attention and doing the best salute I can manage...

SIR, YES, SIR!   ;)
Proud member of Buffy Babes Inc.

zoghade

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 01:03:21 am »
I was about to reply to the post of the person that didn't quite get it with the rules, but that topic was deleted right after I finished typing it out, so I just left it alone. Anyway, yeah, pretty much no breaking rules, negativity, or similar things. Also, sorry if I should not have made my post in The Dish. I saw the original post and felt like responding to it since it was already open. I'll try to refrain from going into it again.

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 01:17:07 am »
I know some mainstream sites that could stand to have Carnage's attitude. Well said.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004, 07:18:12 am »
 I vow from this moment to stay out of political debates.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 08:00:08 am by Victoria »
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I wanna yeah, yeah, yeah
I wanna see you tonight yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I gotta yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, let me see your hands
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, tonight is the night

Top Dogg

• Author
  • Not an American idiot
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 07:58:12 am »
I'm afraid you're missing Carange's point: there won't be any political debates on here anymore.

T.D.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 08:00:49 am by Victoria »
Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation that under the new media.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mindfuck America.
----------
Green Day, American Idiot

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 12:45:27 pm »
D'uh!  That's why I said what I did.  Thanks, Carnage.  I think we have lot a lot of focus on celebrities, even if I am part of the guilty party.  For that, I apologize.
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I wanna yeah, yeah, yeah
I wanna see you tonight yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I gotta yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, let me see your hands
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, tonight is the night

zeusaphone

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 06:44:01 pm »
Perhaps the political message on the warning screen when entering the site leads people to believe that political discussion is OK here.

Or maybe the discussion is being ended because too many people are disagreeing with the POV in that statement...

Victoria

• Administrator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 06:54:37 pm »
OMG, I'd completely forgotten about that statement on the popup.  I wrote that back before the last presidential election, and it was just a silly joke so I'll change it.

But in truth it wasn't that people were disagreeing with me that caused this, but the inability to have any discussion about anything that didn't become about politics. I have no problems with people disagreeing with me, it's fine and expected. Hell, Dr B. and I disagree on just about everything yet I've hosted several sites for him for years without it ever being an issue.

Thanks for pointing that out though Z, it should be changed.

Victoria
Deja moo - Feeling you've heard this Bull before.

Learned I was dyslexic when I went to a Toga party dressed as a Goat!

Microsoft will make a product that doesn't suck the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

Light travels faster than sound. Why some people appear bright until they speak.

Budpaul

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Must find new host for my Amanda Bynes pic
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2004, 08:51:04 pm »
Aw, shucks!  I always loved that pop-up.  It will be missed. :'(
Is it wrong for me to believe that anyone who voted for Bush is either woefully misinformed, mind-numbingly retarded or just pure evil?
Samuel Jackson Beer - you'll be fucking fat chicks in no time!

Victoria

• Administrator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 10:38:51 pm »
OK, all fixed, no politics now   ;D

Victoria
Deja moo - Feeling you've heard this Bull before.

Learned I was dyslexic when I went to a Toga party dressed as a Goat!

Microsoft will make a product that doesn't suck the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

Light travels faster than sound. Why some people appear bright until they speak.