Author Topic: 2018-19 NHL Notes  (Read 19 times)

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
2018-19 NHL Notes
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:20:55 pm »
Kicking it off with sad news for Red Wings fans. Long-time star and captain Henrik Zetterberg announced he's forced to retire due to serious back issues. Over 1082 games, he made 960 points, won a Stanley Cup and two Olympic Gold Medals.

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
Re: 2018-19 NHL Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 12:42:57 am »
Kicking it off with sad news for Red Wings fans. Long-time star and captain Henrik Zetterberg announced he's forced to retire due to serious back issues. Over 1082 games, he made 960 points, won a Stanley Cup and two Olympic Gold Medals.
I wasn't going to say anything, but overall, this sucks.  Losing a captain is always the pits and Zetterberg was a tremendous leader.  I just hope that soon, he'll be on his way to Toronto for his Hall of Fame induction.  What really stinks is that there's only a handful guys left who were a part of the team's golden age when they won four Cups in 11 years and made the playoffs 25 years in a row.  As for the Red Wings of now, it's next man up and I'm willing to bet Dylan Larkin will be the next captain.

Also, the preseason starts early this morning in Shenzhen, China, (yes, it's weird, but that's what the Bruins and Flames got as their opening location) so let's begin the road to the Stanley Cup.  As always, please be respectful of others.
I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming... home