Author Topic: Black Lightning  (Read 323 times)

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Beware of the Bullet Club Bunny!
Black Lightning
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:40:23 am »
The show has been great so far and most people agree its the beat CW DC based show right now and is what Arrow should be with it being gritty street level action with just a molecule pinch of humor. As in the show is 99.9% serious, but once in a great while there will be a sentence with dry humor. For an example there was this great scene where the criminal asked to take a cell phone pic with BL as a request before he knew he was bout to get lightning knockout punched. That what BL likes to do! :) BL was about to do it, but just sucker punched the guy.

The only minor problem with BL is that it currently isn't connected with the Arrow or Supergirl universes at them moment, so it makes it hard to put stories together. The only plus is that BL's older daughter, Anissa, is lesbian, but there's nobody superhero-wise for her to work with. Her story arc this season is learning that she has super powers.  For those that don't know BL's daughters are superheroes Thunder and Lightning. The only logical character this season's main villain Tobias Whale's female bodyguard Syonide, but she doesn't talk. Anissa does have this new hot Asian girlfriend(?) name Grace Choi.
"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
Re: Black Lightning
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:12:11 am »
I think that in the Outsiders comic during Nightwings run as leader Grace Choi was also a heroine and she had superhuman strength! She wasn't overpowerd, maybe about 10 tons or so, about Aquaman strength, or what he used to be. They may have raised Aquaman up a bit. And in the comics I think they became lovers too. I really hope they get action figures!
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

This space now for rent! LOL

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Beware of the Bullet Club Bunny!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 04:11:52 pm »
I think that in the Outsiders comic during Nightwings run as leader Grace Choi was also a heroine and she had superhuman strength! She wasn't overpowerd, maybe about 10 tons or so, about Aquaman strength, or what he used to be. They may have raised Aquaman up a bit. And in the comics I think they became lovers too. I really hope they get action figures!
There's actually a scene between Anissa and Grace at a bookstore/library and Grace had an Outsiders comic book in her back pocket. Since I wasn't familiar with the character I never got the obvious connection.
"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 04:53:56 pm »
The group was Nightwing, Roy as Arsenal, Jade, a part of Metamorphio, android Vertigo, Grace, and Anisa. Of course I have Nightwing and Roy as Red Arrow in my Titans set while Jade is in Justice Society and there are no figures of the others. I go original Outsiders Batman, Black Lightning, Geo Force, Katana. and later member the Creeper as there are no Halo, Looker figures and only 1 Metamorphio has ever been released a long long time ago. I think I maybe threw Paul Kirk Manhunter in there too just to have a place for him. Same reason I put my Swamp Thing figure in with Doom Patrol! Gives them 4 members with Negative Man, Robot Man, and Beast Boy.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

This space now for rent! LOL

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse