Author Topic: Paige reportedly forced into retirement  (Read 137 times)

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
Paige reportedly forced into retirement
« on: January 12, 2018, 04:21:22 pm »
Paige is reportedly done as an in-ring performer for WWE. ********* reports that the RAW Superstar was informed this week that she will not be cleared to return to the ring after the injury she suffered at the December 28th WWE live event. Paige may have received the news at Monday's RAW but multiple sources have confirmed the news.

The situation was described as one similar to WWE Hall of Famer Edge and his medical disqualification from the ring.

As we've noted, Paige was injured at the December 28th live event after taking a kick to the back from Sasha Banks. It appeared that Paige was not ready for the bump so she went down. She tried to get up but went down again and was checked on by a WWE trainer. A stretcher was brought out but she ended up walking to the back on her own for the most part.

It was believed that Paige suffered a stinger during the match as it caused her to lose feeling in her extremities. She was pulled from the ring as a precautionary measure. She underwent additional medical testing last week. Word is that she will be pulled from the Royal Rumble and relegated to a non-physical role for the company. It was noted that she is extremely well-liked by company officials and will likely remain with the company in some way, possibly on Total Divas or working as a coach in WWE NXT.

What a shame if it is true.  It looked like Paige was happy and sober after a turbulent year-plus away from the ring and was as good as she was prior to her injury.  If you remember the announcement of the Women's Royal Rumble, I don't think anybody in that ring was as happy as Paige to get the chance to make history.  If Paige's career is truly finished, I just hope she can find a way to maintain happiness and healthiness into the future.  Still, what a career she's had as the first-ever NXT Women's Champion and a two-time WWE Divas Champion, including winning the title on her first night on the main roster.  It sucks that she's only 25 and that this potentially it for her, but I'm wishing Paige nothing but the best going into the future.
There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won't you do it and do it one time
There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, right back in
And I know I'm never letting this go
I'm stuck on you
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Beware of the Bullet Club Bunny!
Re: Paige reportedly forced into retirement
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:18:14 pm »
This sucks. I was hoping she'd leave that company and move on to something better. Hopefully, if true, the WWE is just being super cautious like with Daniel Bryan, who has been cleared by multiple doctors, but the WWE doctors claim he isn't.
"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 01:55:52 pm »
Paige just posted this message on her blog, so it looks like she's not done.

The comeback is always stronger than the setback.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 01:57:53 pm »
That's a good sign if it is true, but if not, WWE needs to look out for her health and their bottom line at the same time.  You don't want to have somebody be paralyzed or go all Benoit and be held responsible legally.  Still, we need to wait and see what happens.  I think we all want her back in the ring, but not if it's at the expense of her own health.
There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won't you do it and do it one time
There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, right back in
And I know I'm never letting this go
I'm stuck on you
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 05:25:34 pm »
I don't want Paige to suffer either. If Paige does return she has to understand she can't do the same spots anymore. I saw the footage of Sasha double kicking Paige in the upper back from behind and can't understand how that move was even allowed to pass by WWE officials knowing what condition she's in.

Though I don't believe its true, people are throwing out the idea that this is all a work and Paige is going to win the Women's Royal Rumble.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 04:55:02 pm »
Soon to come: Paige pulling a Daniel Bryan in saying nonstop 'I want to wrestle but they won't let me because they are worried for my safety' in every fucking interview
Moving on but still doing what I'm doing