Author Topic: TV and Movie News: Dead Franchises Keep Telling Tales  (Read 17634 times)

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
Re: TV and Movie News: Dead Franchises Keep Telling Tales
« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2018, 05:16:37 pm »

Marvel and ABC have renewed "Agents of SHIELD" for a shortened 13-episode 6th season, possibly not arriving until 2019, though no word on that yet. Also, unlike Gotham's revival for a 5th season, no one at ABC or Marvel is saying this will be AoS's last season, but considering ratings and the shortened order, they should probably plan for that.
I'm sure if it is the end season, it will possibly be revealed that tomorrow during ABC's upfronts, but until then, it's all about celebrating a show as amazing as "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." getting a well-deserved sixth season.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:20:46 pm by InThe313 »
Know y'all been patiently waiting
I know you need me, I can feel it
I'm a beast, I'm an animal
I'm that monster in the mirror
The headliner, finisher
I'm the closer, winner
Best when under pressure
With seconds left I show up
If you really want more, scream it out louder

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2018, 08:57:14 pm »
Finally some good news, even if it turns out to only be a half season! Coulson Lives! Again!
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Is it possible I could catch TRL for 9th?

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #347 on: May 15, 2018, 11:54:39 am »
Here's ABC's fall schedule:

MONDAY
8 PM — Dancing with the Stars
10 PM — The Good Doctor

ADVERTISING

TUESDAY
8 PM — Roseanne
8:30 PM — THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT
9 PM — black-ish
9:30 PM — Splitting Up Together
10 PM — THE ROOKIE

WEDNESDAY
8 PM — The Goldbergs
8:30 PM — American Housewife
9 PM — Modern Family
9:30 PM — SINGLE PARENTS
10 PM — A MILLION LITTLE THINGS

THURSDAY
8 PM — Grey’s Anatomy
9 PM — Station 19
10 PM — How to Get Away with Murder

FRIDAY
8 PM — Fresh Off the Boat
8:30 PM — Speechless
9 PM — Child Support
10 PM — 20/20

SATURDAY
8 PM — Saturday Night Football

SUNDAY
7 PM — America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 PM – DANCING WITH THE STARS: JUNIORS
9 PM — Shark Tank
10 PM — THE ALEC BALDWIN SHOW

NEW COMEDIES

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT — Set in the 1970s, this ensemble comedy follows a traditional Irish-Catholic family, the Clearys, as they navigate big and small changes during one of America’s most turbulent decades. In a working-class neighborhood outside Los Angeles, Mike and Peggy raise eight boisterous boys who live out their days with little supervision. The household is turned upside down when oldest son Lawrence returns home and announces he’s quitting the seminary to go off and “save the world.” Times are changing and this family will never be the same. There are 10 people, three bedrooms, one bathroom and everyone in it for themselves. The series stars Michael Cudlitz as Mike Cleary, Mary McCormack as Peggy Cleary, Sam Straley as Lawrence, Caleb Martin Foote as Eddie, Sawyer Barth as Frank, Christopher Paul Richards as Joey, Jack Gore as Timmy, Andy Walken as William and Santino Barnard as Pat.

SCHOOLED — This spinoff of the hit series “The Goldbergs” will be set in 1990-something and follow the hilarious teachers of William Penn Academy – led by Tim Meadows (Principal Glascott), Bryan Callen (Coach Mellor) and AJ Michalka (Lainey Lewis) – who, despite their eccentricities and crazy personal lives, are heroes to their students.

SINGLE PARENTS — This ensemble comedy follows a group of single parents as they lean on each other to help raise their 7-year-old kids and maintain some kind of personal lives outside of parenthood. The series begins when the group meets Will, a 30-something guy who’s been so focused on raising his daughter that he’s lost sight of who he is as a man. When the other single parents see just how far down the rabbit hole of PTA, parenting and princesses Will has gone, they band together to get him out in the dating world and make him realize that being a great parent doesn’t mean sacrificing everything about your own identity. The series stars Taran Killam as Will, Leighton Meester as Angie, Kimrie Lewis as Poppy, Jake Choi as Miggy, Marlow Barkley as Sophie, Tyler Wladis as Graham, Devin Trey Campbell as Rory, Grace Hazelett as Emma, Sadie Hazelett as Amy and Brad Garrett as Douglas.

NEW DRAMAS

A MILLION LITTLE THINGS — They say friendship isn’t one big thing, it’s a million little things; and that’s true for a group of friends from Boston who bonded under unexpected circumstances. Some have achieved success, others are struggling in their careers and relationships, but all of them feel stuck in life. After one of them dies unexpectedly, it’s just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living. Along the way, they discover that friends may be the one thing to save them from themselves.”A Million Little Things” stars David Giuntoli as Eddie, Ron Livingston as Jon, Romany Malco as Rome, Allison Miller as Maggie, Christina Moses as Regina, Christina Ochoa as Ashley, James Roday as Gary, Stephanie Szostak as Delilah and Lizzy Greene as Sophie.

THE FIX — Attorney and author Marcia Clark co-writes and executive produces a new legal drama about Maya Travis, an L.A. district attorney who suffers a devastating defeat when prosecuting an A-list actor for double murder. With her high-profile career derailed, she flees for a quieter life in Washington. Eight years later when this same celebrity is under suspicion for another murder, Maya Travis is lured back to the DA’s office for another chance at justice. This legal thriller is executive produced/co-written by Clark, Liz Craft and Sarah Fain, and is from Mandeville TV and ABC Studios. “The Fix” stars Robin Tunney as Maya Travis, Adam Rayner as Matthew Collier, Merrin Dungey as CJ, Breckin Meyer as Alan Wiest, Marc Blucas as Riv, Mouzam Makkar as Loni Kampoor, Alex Saxon as Gabriel Johnson, with Scott Cohen as Ezra Wolf and Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje as Sevvy Johnson.

GRAND HOTEL — Eva Longoria executive produces this bold, provocative drama set at the last family-owned hotel in multicultural Miami Beach. Charismatic Santiago Mendoza owns the hotel, while his glamorous second wife, Gigi, and their adult children enjoy the spoils of success. The hotel’s loyal staff round out a contemporary, fresh take on an upstairs/downstairs story. Wealthy and beautiful guests bask in luxury, but scandals, escalating debt and explosive secrets hide beneath the picture-perfect exterior. The show is based on the Spanish series. The series stars Demian Bichir as Santiago Mendoza, Roselyn Sanchez as Gigi Mendoza, Denyse Tontz as Alicia Mendoza, Bryan Craig as Javi Mendoza, Wendy Raquel Robinson as Mrs. P, Lincoln Younes as Danny, Shalim Ortiz as Mateo, Anne Winters as Ingrid, Chris Warren as Jason, Feliz Ramirez as Carolina and Justina Adorno as Yoli.

THE ROOKIE — Starting over isn’t easy, especially for small-town guy John Nolan who, after a life-altering incident, is pursuing his dream of being an LAPD officer. As the force’s oldest rookie, he’s met with skepticism from some higher-ups who see him as just a walking midlife crisis. If he can’t keep up with the young cops and the criminals, he’ll be risking lives including his own. But if he can use his life experience, determination and sense of humor to give him an edge, he may just become a success in this new chapter of his life. The series stars Nathan Fillion as John Nolan, Alyssa Diaz as Angela Lopez, Richard T. Jones as Sergeant Wade Grey, Titus Makin as Jackson West, Mercedes Mason as Captain Zoe Andersen, Melissa O’Neil as Lucy Chen, Afton Williamson as Talia Bishop and Eric Winter as Tim Bradford.

WHISKEY CAVALIER — Whiskey Cavalier” is a high-octane, hour-long action dramedy that follows the adventures of tough but tender FBI super-agent Will Chase (codename: “Whiskey Cavalier”), played by Scott Foley. Following an emotional breakup, Chase is assigned to work with badass CIA operative Francesca “Frankie” Trowbridge (codename: “Fiery Tribune”), played by Lauren Cohan. Together, they lead an inter-agency team of flawed, funny and heroic spies who periodically save the world (and each other) while navigating the rocky roads of friendship, romance and office politics.

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #348 on: May 15, 2018, 02:13:06 pm »
Of note, Agents of SHIELD's shortened 6th season is being held for SUMMER, convienently not airing until AFTER Avengers 4. Make of that what you will.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #349 on: May 17, 2018, 11:28:22 am »
Confirmed by their various producers that next season will be the last for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and iZombie.

Also the next CW Arrowverse crossover will have a visit to Gotham City and introduce Batwoman.

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #350 on: May 17, 2018, 08:55:58 pm »
Confirmed by their various producers that next season will be the last for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and iZombie.

Also the next CW Arrowverse crossover will have a visit to Gotham City and introduce Batwoman.

Batwoman? They introduce the one Bat-Family character no one gives two shits about...

All of this is just so White Canary can make out with her...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #351 on: May 18, 2018, 04:01:12 am »
Someone on her social media, suggested Julie Benz as Batwoman. I'd watch that... especially if she ended up making out with, Caity Lotz.

-SK
Felicia Day: Me to my baby, who refused to get dressed this morning: "We have to put clothes on. No one makes good decisions naked."

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #352 on: May 18, 2018, 07:40:25 am »

I absolutely, 100% do NOT see this as a problem at all. Hell, the entire crossover could be four hours of Caity Lotz making out with other girls, and my only complaint would be that it had to end after hour four.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Robbins

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #353 on: May 18, 2018, 06:20:19 pm »
sara has regular girlfriend on legends now though not surprised many are forgetting about her lol sara could cheaat on ava.

with gotham ending this is probaly backdoor pilot for batwoman tv show.

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2018, 02:46:15 pm »
Works for me.
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2018, 06:54:56 pm »
Hopefully some Canary/Batwoman/Question action too! And now that Catwoman is a lesbian (except for Batman), we can get some Bat/Cat action!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:10:15 pm by Vicki »
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Is it possible I could catch TRL for 9th?

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #356 on: May 20, 2018, 12:05:45 pm »
Until the Merc with the Mouth joins Earth's Mightiest Heroes, they'll have to settle for being each other's competition.  "Deadpool 2" had a terrific debut, opening at first and making back its budget with $125 million.  "Avengers: Infinity War" wasn't too shabby, though, dropping one to second with $28.7 million ($595 million overall).

I should note that "Deadpool 2" set:

• new records for the highest grossing Thursday night preview and the biggest opening day for a R-rated film at $18.6 million and $53.3 million, respectively, breaking the old records of $13.5 million and $50.4 million, respectively, previously held by "It".
  • a new record for the biggest opening weekend debut for an R-rated sequel, breaking the old record of $91.7 million previously held by "The Matrix Reloaded".
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:48:33 pm by InThe313 »
The headliner, finisher
I'm the closer, winner
Best when under pressure

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2018, 10:36:17 am »
I'm guessing this is a pyrrhic victory for Disney.  "Solo: A Star Wars Story" debuted at first this weekend with $83.3 million.  "Deadpool 2" dropped one spot to second with $42.7 million ($207.4 million overall).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:25:22 pm by InThe313 »
The headliner, finisher
I'm the closer, winner
Best when under pressure

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #358 on: May 29, 2018, 01:54:56 pm »
Just hours after Roseanne Barr sent out a bird-sound message I will not dignify by repeating, ABC has canceled "Roseanne."

Wonder how long before Fox realizes "maybe reviving Last Man Standing wasn't the best move..."

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Jenna Ortega looks bored, she needs to get laid
« Reply #359 on: May 29, 2018, 02:29:59 pm »
Just hours after Roseanne Barr sent out a bird-sound message I will not dignify by repeating, ABC has canceled "Roseanne."

Wonder how long before Fox realizes "maybe reviving Last Man Standing wasn't the best move..."

Tim Allen loves to play the victim for his beliefs, but he doesn't have the history of being a racist shitbag that Roseanne has cultivated the last few years, so I'd be super shocked if he suddenly pulled a Roseanne. When you hitch your wagon to a train wreck, sometimes it's going to blow up in your face.
Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
So make a move and plead the fifth cause ya can't plead the first
Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
So now I'm rollin down Rodeo wit a shotgun
These people ain't seen a brown skin man
Since their grandparents bought one