Author Topic: TV and Movie News: Dead Franchises Keep Telling Tales  (Read 15941 times)

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
Re: TV and Movie News: Dead Franchises Keep Telling Tales
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2018, 11:18:49 am »
I'm sure it's not the opening E. L. James was hoping for, especially considering next weekend's big opener.  "Fifty Shades Freed" still had a decent debut, though, starting at first with $38.8 million.  "Peter Rabbit" debuted at second with $25 million.  "The 15:17 to Paris" premiered at third with $12.6 million.  "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" was down three spots to fourth with $9.8 million ($365.7 million overall).
If I said my heart was beating loud
If we could escape the crowd somehow
If I said I want your body now
Would you hold it against me?
'Cause you feel like paradise
And I need a vacation tonight
So, if I said I want your body now

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2018, 05:13:14 pm »
Go celebrate, "Grace and Frankie" fans!  Less than a month after Season 4 premiered on TSSTAB, the streaming service renewed "Grace and Frankie" for a fifth season and this time, Grace and Frankie will make room for a very special guest.

RuPaul has signed on for an arc in Season 5 as Benjamin Le Day, "a formidable and quick-witted adversary who faces off with Grace and Frankie."  Besides presiding over the fabulous "RuPaul's Drag Race", RuPaul has enjoyed a successful TV career guest starring on several series like "Broad City" and "2 Broke Girls".
 This won't be his first venture with ******* either, having starred in "Girlboss" with Britt Robertson.

"Grace and Frankie" stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as two women whose lives are changed forever when their husbands announce they're gay and leave them for each other.  Of course, hilarity ensues.

"Grace and Frankie" is currently streaming on TSSTAB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After "Midnight, Texas" premiered to modest but not astounding ratings in its first season, many people assumed it would be another one-and-done summer series.  Think again!

NBC announced today that "Midnight, Texas" was renewed for Season 2, taking viewers back to the small town in the Lone Star State that is the home of many supernatural beings.  Based on the book series by "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" author Charlaine Harris, the series is about the mysterious Manfred, played by François Arnaud, a medium who tries to find a new home in a town where only outsiders fit in.

Sadly for fans, in an effort to cut the budget, two actors will not be back for the show's second season.  Sarah Ramos and Yul Vazquez, who play Creek and Rev, respectively, will no longer be series regulars, but a news site reports that the hope is to keep them as guest actors rather than writing them off the show altogether.

Also, showrunner Monica Owusu-Breen will depart to focus on other projects and Season 1 consulting producers Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder will be promoted to take over the show.

"I am stoked at the prospect of a second season of 'Midnight, Texas'," Harris said in a statement.  "I can't wait to revisit my favorite town to discover what its inhabitants have been up to the past few months.  Now the viewers, who've been asking me questions daily, will have their reward."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:13:59 pm by InThe313 »

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2018, 07:51:06 am »
^ As long as they keep Arielle Kebbel, I'm happy.

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2018, 11:47:21 am »
So something that can be good news for a few "on the bubble" shows: The CW will be expanding to Sunday nights this fall.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2018, 10:57:44 am »
Long live the king!  To the surprise of absolutely nobody, "Black Panther" took first place in its debut weekend with a whopping $192 million.  "Peter Rabbit" stayed rooted at second with $17.3 million ($48.2 million overall).  ""Fifty Shades of Grey" slid two spots to third with $16.9 million ($76.1 million overall).

I should note that "Black Panther" set:

• a new record for the highest weekend debut for a film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe outside of the "Avengers" films, breaking the old record of $179.1 million previously held by "Captain America: Civil War".
  • new records for the highest weekend debut in February, for a winter release and for the President's Day weekend, breaking the old record of $132.4 million previously held by "Deadpool".
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:36:45 pm by InThe313 »

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2018, 05:00:06 pm »
More "Andi Mack" will be coming soon, Disney fans!  The series was picked up for a third season, Disney announced today.

"Andi Mack" is about 13-year-old Andi, played by Peyton Elizabeth Lee, who discovers that her older sister is really her mother, meaning that the woman who raised her is actually her grandmother.  Pretty heavy stuff for a newly-minted teen to come to terms with.

The controversial plot is one that's paid off for the series, however and Disney appears to be invested in continuing with the show.

"A series about a girl discovering that her sister is really her mother was new territory for Disney Channel, but (Terri Minsky's) honest, authentic storytelling allowed our audience to connect deeply to these characters and their journeys of self-discovery," Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide said as part of the renewal announcement today.  "What she has crafted stands as a high-water benchmark for kids and family storytelling around the world."

The cast received the good news on today's "Good Morning America".

A special one-hour episode of "Andi Mack" will premiere on Friday at 8/7c on Disney Channel.  Season 2 will return in June.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:41:02 pm by InThe313 »

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2018, 06:05:25 pm »
If only they would put these shows out on DVD! They have done all these great shows but then will put out only a few episodes long after they are cancelled! There are tons of Wizards, Suite Lifes, Good Luck Charlie, Shake it Up, and other shows I would love to have complete seasons of.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Girlsway DVD has stolen the above statement I have been using for years! GRRRR!

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2018, 01:00:40 am »
"Superstore" will be back for Season 4!

NBC announced it will retain the store comedy for another season on Wednesday.  The Justin Spitzer-created sitcom saw a six percent increase in ratings among the key demo of adults 18-49, reaching a 1.7.  Total viewers also rose by 3.5 percent, giving the comedy more than 5 million viewers per episode.

"Superstore", starring America Ferrera and Ben Feldman as two members of a ragtag group of employees at a big box store in middle America, has provided stability to NBC to rebuild its comedy brand after the network lost its staples in "Parks and Recreation" and "30 Rock".

Since NBC debuted "Superstore" in 2015, it's added critical favorite "The Good Place", successfully revived "Will & Grace" and is possibly bringing new life to the best workplace comedy ever, "The Office".

"Superstore" airs on Thursdays at 8/7c on NBC.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2018, 10:37:38 am »
Wakanda forever!  "Black Panther" continues to reign at first with $108 million ($400 million overall).  "Game Night" had a respectable debut at second with $16.6 million.  "Peter Rabbit" dipped one spot to third with $12.5 million ($71.3 million overall).  "Annihilation" has a lot of ground to make up after premiering at fourth with $11 million.  "Fifty Shades Freed" was down two spots to fifth with $6.9 million ($89.6 million overall).

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2018, 12:23:16 pm »
Not to mention that Black Panther has already crossed the $700 million mark worldwide and even after 2 weeks still sits at or near 100% Fresh! It's already past the pathetic Justice League and I expect rereleases of Avatar and Titantic any day as Cameron lives in mortal fear a movie will surpass them! This is the one I think can!
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Girlsway DVD has stolen the above statement I have been using for years! GRRRR!

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2018, 12:48:36 am »
"The Magicians" was officially renewed for Season 4!

Syfy's hit fantasy series has only aired about half of the episodes for the third season, but the network will bring it back for another year.  The early renewal is welcoming but not at all unexpected, considering it's been Syfy's top performing scripted series with P18-49 (L3) for the last three years.

"The Magicians" is about Quentin Coldwater, played by Jason Ralph, as he and his magical friends at Brakebills University learn magic (and sometimes lose it) as they govern the not-so-fictional land of Fillroy and try to avoid run-ins with gods.  Their abilities vary from teleportation to mind-reading to time-travel, but they learn that magic can create even more problems instead of solving them.  The current season is about these characters trying to restore magic after it was taken away from them when Quentin killed a god.

The 13-episode fourth season will debut on Syfy in 2019.

"The Magicians" airs on Wednesdays at 9/8c on Syfy.

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2018, 05:21:31 am »
'Guardians' director drops a Groot bomb he thought fans knew, but they're traumatized

Cruel James Gunn casually broke hearts in the middle of a thread about porgs.

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" and sequel director weighed in on a * asking fans to save one -- a "Star Wars" Porg or Marvel favorite Groot. In the middle of his arguments, Gunn revealed that the first Groot of "Guardians" Vol. 1 died, and the Baby Groot of Vol. 2 was his child.

That was news to many fans, who figured Groot was the same Groot, just changed.

Here's that part of the convo, to start:

But you can grow Groot back, as evidenced in your film. Once you kill a porg, it’s gone.

James Gunn: First Groot is dead. Baby Groot is his son.

Fans were shook. And Gunn was irritated by everyone being surprised by stuff we (apparently) should already know.

JG: Well... when it comes to talking trees the difference between clone and son is minimal.

JG: He doesn’t have adult Groot’s memories for one. Adult Groot would know what button to push!

JG: The internet is like Groundhog Day every time I point out first Groot died. Baby Groot has a different personality, a different body, no memories of adult Groot & adult Groot’s sacrifice actually meant something. New round of news stories & collective gasping again & again.

Some people seemed to already know. Fine. But since it was never quite spelled out so bluntly before this * thread pitting cute fantasy creatures against each other, many did not know.

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2018, 10:09:10 am »
Even though the first episode already debuted on iFruit, Paramount Network decided to postpone the network series premiere of "Heathers" in the wake of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2018, 02:44:01 pm »
Summer starts early this year: "Avengers Infinity War" now opens April 27th.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2018, 05:29:04 pm »
Let's just pray things go right this time.  Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway are getting a second chance at presenting the Best Picture Oscar on Sunday after last year's "La La Land"/"Moonlight" debacle.