Author Topic: TV and Movie News: Dead Franchises Keep Telling Tales  (Read 11420 times)

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
Re: TV and Movie News: Dead Franchises Keep Telling Tales
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 02:09:11 pm »
Good news for PLL fans: Freeform has ordered a pilot for "The Perfectionists" which would focus and Janel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse's characters of Mona and Alison as they move to a new town with some major secrets around.

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 08:51:26 pm »
Good news for PLL fans: Freeform has ordered a pilot for "The Perfectionists" which would focus and Janel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse's characters of Mona and Alison as they move to a new town with some major secrets around.

No word yet on how this affects the only two GOOD plot points from the PLL Finale - namely, Alison's marriage to Emily and Janel's move to Paris, which includes the kidnapping and implied permanent captivity of the show's two final villains. I understand the main four girls all have other work, but come on, this just guts that finale.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 09:39:11 pm »
I'm sure the folks at Long Lake will think up some kind of excuse if this goes to series.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 10:47:25 pm »
Kristen Stewart, Lupita Nyong'o: Your next 'Charlie's Angels'?

Kristen Stewart is being eyed for the Charlie’s Angels reboot, according to sources close to the project.

The Twilight star would play one of the members of the female private detective agency. Stewart’s is not the only name being considered. Casting is under way, and Sony, the studio behind the film, is also interested in several other big names, including Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o.

Elizabeth Banks, who scored with Pitch Perfect 2, is directing the film. It’s slated for a summer 2019 release, and Sony clearly has franchise hopes for the project.

Stewart has focused largely on indie fare in recent years, earning raves for her work in Still Alice, Cafe Society, and Personal Shopper. She hasn’t headlined a major studio tentpole film since “Snow White and the Hunstman” in 2010. She will appear in Fox’s Underwater, which centers on a crew of underwater researchers scrambling with the fallout from an earthquake.

Charlie’s Angels first came to public attention during its five-season run on ABC from Sept. 22, 1976 to June 24, 1981. It was later given the big-screen treatment in 2000, with Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu playing the Angels. That film was a major hit, earning $264.1 million. A sequel, 2003’s Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle disappointed at the domestic box office, but got a lift from overseas crowds, topping out at $259.2 million globally.

---

Really, they're already rebooting this, again? *sigh*

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 11:14:29 pm »
I hate to admit it, but they will get some money from me. Some movies the majority hate like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Cut Throat Island, and the second Angels movie I loved, some, like every DC movie and, believe it or not, Deadpool, I hated. I agree that some movie like John Carter, no one can defend that piece of shit! Why the HELL didn't someone very early on notice that the people making it didn't know one damn thing about John Carter! I could have made 10 times the movie with half the budget! They didn't get ANYTHING right! Okay, enough ranting as I can't defend the short Angels reboot tv show either.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway. 

I'll make that top 10 posters list yet! :D

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 10:58:34 am »
In a three-way battle for first, the clown returned to the peak.  "It" moved up one spot to first with $17.3 million ($291.2 million overall).  "American Made" debuted at second with $17.02 million.  "Kingsman: The Golden Circle" slipped two spots to third with $17 million ($66.7 million overall).

I should note that...

• ..."Kingsman: The Golden Circle" finished ahead of "It" when the actuals came out.
  • ...during the week, "It" set a new record for the highest grossing horror film of all time, breaking the old record of $232.9 million previously held by "The Exorcist".
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:46:38 pm by InThe313 »
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I wanna yeah, yeah, yeah
I wanna see you tonight yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I gotta yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, let me see your hands
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, tonight is the night

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 05:45:57 pm »
Shay Mitchell to star in ABC's 'Heiresses' family soap from 'Pretty Little Liars' EP

Pretty Little Liars actress Shay Mitchell and executive producer I. Marlene King are reuniting — but not for Freeform’s potential PLL spinoff The Perfectionists.

Mitchell will headline Heiresses, a family soap/mystery written by King which has received a put-pilot commitment from ABC, our sister site Deadline reports.

Based on PLL author Sara Shepard’s 2014 novel, the project is set in the diamond world, where the Saybrooks are a household name. The family has “been blessed with great fortune, but cursed with epic loss. The events surrounding a deadly accident a year ago drove a wedge between the once inseparable diamond empire heiresses. But when an unspeakable tragedy brings the cousins back together, they create a truly unbreakable bond. They set to solve the mystery of who wants the Saybrook family dead before one of them is the next target.”

Mitchell — who spent seven seasons playing Emily Fields on PLL — next co-stars in Lifetime’s upcoming psychological thriller series You, from executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Riverdale) and Sera Gamble (The Magicians, Supernatural).

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 01:05:47 am »
Following the Las Vegas Strip shooting on Sunday, The CW pulled its planned specials from this year's iHeartRadio Music Festival, portions of which were filmed at the shooting site.
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 05:03:33 pm »

Remember when TV networks used to kill new shows after single episodes for not hitting highly unrealistic ratings goals? Yeah, ABC doesn't, either. They just gave a full-season order to "The Good Doctor," one of this year's host of generically named TV shows.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The Lind sisters are dirty girls
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 09:53:07 pm »
Remember when TV networks used to kill new shows after single episodes for not hitting highly unrealistic ratings goals? Yeah, ABC doesn't, either. They just gave a full-season order to "The Good Doctor," one of this year's host of generically named TV shows.

Eh, most of the time if they're killing shows after one or two episodes, it's not because they had middling ratings and the network expected blockbuster ratings. It's because they drew terrible ratings, and in this day any age, the two episodes a season most people watch live are the premiere and finale. If you can't get anyone to watch the first episode, then they're not going to watch anything, at least not when it really matters in the ratings (and quite possibly not even off the DVR, or on demand, or streaming, or the various other ways people sample programming).

However, if a show debuts to huge ratings, then it's sticking around, even if those ratings drop rapidly over the course of the season. And if you're going to pick up the back 9, then why bother holding off making that decision for months? Though it got some terrible reviews (it's at 37% on that moldy fruit place), and it probably got propped up heavily by DwtS, so who knows how it holds up. But it should be noted that Castle rode that gravy train for years, and probably still would be if Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic had been able to get along better.
Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare yeah, hey, hey, hey...

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 12:18:58 pm »
So end of a long run as Pauley Perettie has announced she'll be leaving NCIS after this season. Too bad, had to love her Abby.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 12:58:03 am »
After weeks of waiting to see whether or not "The Bold Type" would be renewed, Freeform showed how beneficial delayed gratification can be -- by renewing the series for not just one but two more seasons!

The Hollywood Reporter broke the story about the two new seasons, as well as a change-up behind the scenes.  Series creator Sarah Watson will not be back to write for the show following creative differences with the network.  In her place, "Sweet/Vicious" alum Amanda Lasher will serve as showrunner.

"When we launched 'The Bold Type', we had no idea just how strongly it would resonate with young adult viewers who quickly saw their world of intense friendships, relationships, career ambitions, social media habits, and crazy sex and love lives reflected back at them," said Joanna Coles, chief content officer for Hearst Magazines and executive producer of the show.  "The positive response has been overwhelming - we couldn't ask for better partners in Freeform and Universal TV and look forward to pushing the envelope further in Season 2 with the phenomenal women and men of 'Scarlet.'"
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 02:08:15 pm »
Unsurprisingly, the panel for "The Punisher" was pulled from this year's New York Comic Con following the Las Vegas Strip shooting on Sunday.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:15:15 pm by InThe313 »
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 12:34:20 pm »
And it now sounds like "Punisher" will be having a much later debut date.

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »
Marvel is getting a little 'hit and miss'. Everyone seems to agree Daredevil was good, Iron Fist no so much, Gifted looks good so far, Inhumans looks terrible. Jury is still out.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway. 

I'll make that top 10 posters list yet! :D

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse