Author Topic: Action Figure collections;  (Read 1635 times)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
Action Figure collections;
« on: August 23, 2017, 05:16:16 am »
Okay, I know this is kind of a nutty niche hobby, I display and do not play with, now or ever, but I do own a very large action figure collection! I was wondering if anybody else here has this hobby! I have Marvel and DC teams, both heroes and villains, as well as teams I made up such as the Chronoknights (similar name to something Marvel has), and the Independents (non Marvel/DC) Please someone tell me I'm not alone, yes, I know I'm weird. Please list teams or individual characters if you can.  And yes, it started out of curiousity and ballooned. An appraiser once valued my Avengers set alone at $400! I even needed the money then as that was when I was sick, but I kept them.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Is it possible I could catch TRL for 9th?

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
Re: Action Figure collections;
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 06:07:55 pm »
Very few are reading this, and no replys. I'll give it a couple of weeks I guess and stop it if no interest. I will reveal my Chronoknights; heroes from the past and future now joined to keep time safe; All 7 members of the Fellowship of the Ring plus Arwen, Eowyn and Galadriel, Dany, Drogan (not really, big blue dragon though), Jon Snow, Young Hercules (Kevin Sorbo figure), Xena, Gabrielle, Autolycus, Maciste (don't know but that's who I say he is), Conan (yes, really! very rare!), Robin Hood, Little John, Will Scarlet (from Costner movie), some knight I call Charles,de'Honor,a female samurai I call Lady Emitalia, Tarzan, WWII heroes Sgt. Rock, Blackhawk, WWII Captain America, I had a Zorro but he broke during my last move, then we move into the future, with Robocop, Judge Dredd, and the original bridge crew of the Enterprise plus Yeoman Rand and Savvik, and from BSG Kara/Starbuck, Apollo, Helo, and Boomer!

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:35:42 pm »
I display and do not play with, now or ever,

You are either a liar or a monster! LET THOSE TOYS BREATHE! PLAY WITH THEM! RELEASE THEM FROM THEIR PASTIC PRISONS!
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 07:13:31 pm »
That's just my made up team. And I'm a 45 year-old woman and a respectable educator so I would be an even bigger freak if I played with them and value of them is down because they are not in packaging but on their stands. My Marvel and DC collections dwarf this. I have 2 older brothers, several male cousins so I did inherit a lot early on, but a lot of it was my additions. I even did a few customs!

Also, I am leaving them Children's Hospital someday. I figure they should go to a someone who will love them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:19:09 pm by Vicki »

DaxG2001

• I'm around here, sometimes
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 05:10:50 pm »
I have a bunch of wrestling figures in a box stored away, along with I think probably some old Action Man and Power Rangers stuff. I do have a Lara Croft figure and a couple Street Fighter figures (Chun Li). I have recently been getting some DC figures - 'designer series' Starfire and Raven that looked good, a big Wonder Woman. The most I've spent on a figure was a Perona from One Piece figure that came from Japan as it was cheaper to pay for shipping and money transfer etc direct than the pricy 'local' country prices. But I'm certainly no major collector of figures etc but I can certainly appreciate them.
Used to write wrestling stories all the time. Now dabbles with video game & celeb stories.

100th story reached 22/01/12
200th Story Reached 30/04/16

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 10:19:25 pm »
My Defenders team:

Dr. Strange
Hulk
Sub-Mariner
Silver Surfer
Valkyrie
Hellcat
Howard the Duck

Members in other teams:

Beast (X-Men)
Iceman (X-Men)
Angel (X-Men)
Moondragon (Avengers)

Valkyrie is also a member of my unofficial 'god squad'.

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 10:43:29 pm »
My Exiles:

Jinx
Sunfire (Mariko Yashida - custom)
Spider-Man 2099
Longshot
Mr. Creed (good Sabretooth)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 10:00:03 pm »
Okay, so this has turned into yet another Vicki topic that is going nowhere. However, I have started a new team, an all girl (at the moment), all lesbian (ditto) Legends team! So far members I either have or have ordered and will have by next weekend consists of Sara Lance/White Canary (Legends series), Dinah Drake/Black Canary (Arrow series), Mera (Justic League movie white outfit-  I have her previous green and Red Lantern ones too), Hawkgirl (Legends series), Vixen (Legends series), Felicity Smoak (Arrow series), Katana (Suicide Squad series), and 1 of my Supergirls which I will replace with the new Melissa/Supergirl figure. Of course when I get the new Atom, new Firestorm, and a Rory which I think they are making or have made it will become an alternate Justice League. So Vicki continues to be weird!! Don't know how much longer I'll keep this thread going either. I just want everyone to have fun!

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Beware of the Bullet Club Bunny!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 12:23:09 am »
All I collect is Harley Quinn. I've been a fan of her since the beginning and have various collectibles going from figures to statues. It was easier  back then because it was just me and she didn't have much coming out. Now after she has became main stream its new stuff coming out all the time and I can barely keep up. I'll order like 3 statutes over 3 different months and instead of rationing out the releases dates they decide to drop them all at once. Argh! Its not like I buy everything. I'm very picky. If the quality isn't good I won't buy it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:18:45 pm by DrBlasphemy »
"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 01:01:52 am »
I think I have 2 Harley at the moment but I see 2 more at least that I will get if I can. One I will put in my Watchmen world as I also have extra Catwoman and Poison Ivy figures for my Ozymandis 'League of Evil' team, and another in a 'Women's World' I have where I have some alternate costume or versions of various DC girls such as Elseworlds Superwoman and Batwoman, Kingdom Come girl Flash, Red Son Wonder Woman, I can throw Mary Marvel in as I have her in white and red outfits, I have like 4 Donna Troy figures in different outfits, also could throw Artemis in as I have her as Requim and in Wonder Woman outfit and I have Batgirl in 5 different outfits, 4 versions of Black Canary although I have 1 in JSA, 1 in JLA, and a 3rd in my new Legends/JLA team.

My DC teams:

Justice Society (26 members)
Titans (19 members)
Legion (15 members)
Outsiders (8 members)
Justice League (25 members)
JLA reserve members (5 members)

Also 3 members of Metal Men and 3 members of Doom Patrol and 4 as I put Swamp Thing in. Also doing a modified Watchmen world, Future World, and all womens world as well as my new Arrowverse Legends/JLA . Also 13 member Green Lantern Corps not counting Hal.

In Villains:

Earth 2; Injustice Society (17 members)
Earth 1: Legion of Doom (50 members)
Earth 3; Crime Syndicate (14 members)

And some various scattered villains in my other Earths! I have 2 older brothers and 4 male cousins and I inherited all of theirs so I did get a big start when I started doing this. My Marvel is just as impressive! LOL!

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 08:43:33 pm »
I do collect some oddball stuff outside of Harley Quinn, but its not that frequent. I'll get Liv Moore for iZombie figures or a Mai Shiranui from The King Of Fighters video game if its awesome looking. I have like 3 Liv figures and 2 Funkos. With Mai I just bought a Nendoroid figure from Japan that cost about $45. The company Chibi (super cute) versions of anime, video game, and superheroes. The price is worth it though. You get a good amount of options to customize the figure. I want to get the DCEU Wonder Woman that is coming out in 2018, but I missed the announcement for when the site I go to makes preorders. I'm hoping they'll get a few more in after release. I was able to get my Suicide Squad version of Harley Quinn that way when the comic book store I ordered one from didn't receive it.

As for what I do with them I just keep them in their boxes. I don't really have a place to display them and just store them away.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »
I display mine and, as I said, will leave them to Children's hospital some day. When I was a girl I played with my brothers army men too, they had hundreds of them but only 30 were Germans and a dozen or so Japanese so they all died like 40 times each. Now they have many colors, green, tan, grey, red, black, blue, pink, maroon, cyan, and rust.

Anyway, it's actually harder to get villains and so my heroes outnumber villains in both Marvel and DC. I actually got a very nice Mai Shiranui figure in a 2-pack with Chun Li! Also, I have a few 'Power Ranger' type figures I actually bought in Japan. No clue what show they are from and I lost most of their guns after nearly 20 years. and 6 moves.

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 11:34:00 pm »
I also have a Monster Force and Independent heroes. Monster Force features a 13" Godzilla and an 11" King Kong from the Jack Black movie, a 9" Ultraman, various Japanese robots, Buffy/Angel figures along with 'good' Marvel monsters Werewolf, Adam Frankenstein, Brother Voodoo and some others. Dinosaurs, some Japanese robots, Dracula, Buffy vampires Darla and Druscilla and some others.

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 03:40:56 am »
Outside of Harley Quinn I like collect the DC Super Hero Girls Minis 3" figurines. If you haven't heard of this series, its where all the DC characters are in high school. The toy series, so far, only has 9 figures, but I'm still missing 3 (Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, and Poison Ivy). The others are: Starfire, (Killer*) Frost, Batgirl, Bumble Bee, Katana, and Supergirl. You can see their animated series online.

*They removed Killer from her name because she's a geared to kids.

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 06:00:39 am »
I have seen them. My next 2 will be the Melissa Supergirl and the Batgirl from Burnside to add to my league. Guess I'll have ti break down and get Flash, Green Arrow, Atom and Rory then for that Earth. Ruins my all girl league there but I do have that other one already.