Author Topic: GFW Impact Observations: Making Wrestling Great Again! *spoilers*  (Read 93 times)

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • This confirms everything... and I approve!!!
A lot of stuff has happening this week. TNA has been reborn as GFW and Slammiversary XV has been getting praise as one of the best wrestling PPVs of the year.

Impact kept the ball rolling by continuing the Lashley/Patrone feud for the united TNA and GWF Heavyweight titles. Lashley cut a solid promo even going after Alberto's father, legendary lucha wrestler Dos Caras, and younger brother, El Hijo de Dos Caras, by tossing out a Trump wall comment causing Dos Caras to attack Lashley by slapping the taste out of his mouth. Lashley responses by say Alberto's 66-year-old father hits harder than him. This causes Alberto to give Lashley his rematch for tonight's main event. This is what I call an opening show promo. No posturing of wrestlers talking about what they are plan to do, but 2 guys aggressively going at it by talking trash to each other in a nature way and tossing in a beating.

LAX has a short promo talking about them almost taking over Impact is complete which will happen tonight when they announce a new member.

X-Division Champion Sonjay Dutt vs Caleb Konley in a non-tile match. Decent match, but the important part was after Dutt won out comes Trevor Lee, who attacks Dutt and steals the title claiming he's the X-Division champion.

8 Man Tag Match. I admit this was a throw away match. The only thing this setup was Chris (Abyss) Park giving Grado some legal news about him not being clear to wrestle in the US after just returning. I don't care about Grado.

Matt (Jason Bourne) Sydal vs Braxton Sutter with Allie in an X-Division qualifying match. Solid match with Sydal getting the win. Fallout was Sutter being upset and pulling away from Allie.

Impact announces an 8 main single elimination Super X Cup tournament. The wrestlers and first round match ups are: Sammy Gavara vs Lucha Underground's Drago, ROH's ACH vs Andrew Everett, NOAH's Tishi vs Davey Richards,  and Desmond Xavier vs Idris Abraham.

Desmond Xavier vs Idris Abraham was an average match with Xavier getting the win. Xavier clearly out classed Abraham is skill and GFW looks to have a new star for the X-Division. I can't wait to see more for Xavier and I hope we get Xavier vs ACH. That match would be insane.

GFW/TNA Knockout Champion Sienna with KM vs Rebel. It was a throw away match, but at least Rebel is improving. Rebel did a flying body to KM to the outside from the top rope, which allowed Sienna to slap on her new guillotine choke submission for the win.

GFW/TNA Heavyweight Champion Alberto El Patrone vs Bobby Lashley. This match was brutal with Lashley not holding back beating the crap out of Alberto for most of it. When Lashley was about to go for the pin out comes LAX attacking him for give Alberto the DQ win. Konnan then gets in the mic and states that the completely dazed Alberto is now a member of LAX.

Overall Impact was a good show. It built ongoing story lines that are going somewhere. They are also going back to what made the brand good, the X-Division and Knockouts Division. The program looks to have a direction with Jeff Jarrett, Scott D'Amore, Dutch Mantell and Bruce Prichard at the helm.
WWE = World Wrestling Excrement

"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
Re: GFW Impact Observations: Making Wrestling Great Again! *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:28:19 pm »
The GFW/Impact World Champion Alberto del Rio has been arrested for domestic violence at an Orlando Airport. Great start to the new era of Impact.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 12:22:46 pm »
Alberto El Patron wasn't arrested, he was detained and released.  Nevertheless, he has now been suspended indefinitely by GFW for his incident with Paige.  Welcome to the new era, same as the old era.
This time baby
I'll be
Bulletproof
This time baby
I'll be
Bulletproof
This time, baby, I'll be
Bulletproof
This time, baby, I'll be
Bulletproof
This time, baby, I'll be
Bulletproof
This time, baby, I'll be
Bulletproof

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • This confirms everything... and I approve!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:03:45 pm »
What happens outside the company has nothing to do with GFW's product qualify. Its not like the Ball situation where somebody dropped 2 N-bombs on Raw.

Besides Paige made an official statement that Alberto never touched her and she was the reason he smelled of alcohol from tossing a drink on him.

If Paige isn't going to charge him with anything this is a non-issue.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:43:37 pm by DrBlasphemy »
WWE = World Wrestling Excrement

"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)