Author Topic: TV & Movie Observations - They Call You 'Quack'  (Read 14676 times)

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
Re: TV & Movie Observations - They Call You 'Quack'
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2018, 09:55:34 pm »
I was half-expecting Voltron, but thought, "No, they'd never be able to get permission for that." Frikkin' *****, though? It's kinda like how Ghostbusters used, The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2018, 09:20:58 pm »
Oh my god! I just got back from Infinity War...

I'm an emotional wreck right now!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

polgara

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2018, 07:44:29 am »

I'm guessing it was ok then?

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2018, 11:48:49 am »
Okay, SO much to process, the twists the turns, THAT ending but the one that got biggest audience reaction? Just where the Soul Stone has been and who has it.

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2018, 08:18:26 pm »

Depends on if you find pure and utter heartbreak good. I will say that it blows Black Panther out of the water and may be in the Top 3 Best Marvel Films.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2018, 05:48:24 am »

Depends on if you find pure and utter heartbreak good. I will say that it blows Black Panther out of the water and may be in the Top 3 Best Marvel Films.

IDK about "blowing Black Panther out of the Water," because BP was hella good, but Infinity War is totally worth the hype and for the love of all that is good, go see it before it gets spoiled for you. Then maybe consider going back and seeing it again, because I know I missed SEVERAL lines of dialogue while the crowd was laughing. Lot of traditional Marvel one-liners, and sometimes they get in the way. There is ONE post credit scene, it's at the very end, so sit through those credits (after 18 MOVIES you shouldn't have to tell people this, but considering how many people walked out last night, apparently you still do).

I think that's just about all I can say without spoiling anything, but if you've ever enjoyed a Marvel movie before, you will enjoy this one. AND be left heartbroken. That's all I'll say.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #306 on: May 05, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »
You had ONE job, "MacGyver": Cast Richard Dean Anderson as Mac's dad.

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2018, 10:39:24 pm »
You had ONE job, "MacGyver": Cast Richard Dean Anderson as Mac's dad.

To be fair, if I were Richard Dean Anderson, I wouldn't want anything to do with the crappy New MacGyver either.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2018, 09:32:37 am »
Saw Infinity War and liked it better than I expected

Spoilers Follow:

They did a surprisingly good job of integrating all those characters.  The only exception IMHGO was the early part of the Battle of Wakanda where it was hard to tell who was fighting who.  This changed for the better with the appearance of Thor and his new weapon.

My sister, who saw it with me, thought Strange screwed up by giving the Time stone up to save Stark but I think it goes back to his saying that there's only one path to defeating Thanos and I'm guessing that Strak will be crucial to that.

Hulk is, I'm guessing having performance anxiety after Thanos not only beat him but was positively toying with him.
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2018, 11:09:44 am »
RIP
Lucifer
January 25th, 2016---May 14th, 2018
3 Seasons
55 Episodes
One Hell of a fun show

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2018, 09:07:09 pm »
GOTHAM SPOILERS
Gotham ended it's 4th season with a HELL of a lot going on.
- Ra's and Jeremiah blew up the bridges into Gotham, creating a No Man's Land where Marshall Law was introduced.
- Selina is paralyzed (hinting that she may become Oracle instead of Catwoman)
- Ra's was killed
- Barbara is now full anti-men and has formed the Gotham City Sirens, who want to kill all men.
- Lee and Riddler killed each other, only for Penguin to demand Hugo Strange revive them.
- Butch was brought back to life only to be murdered by Penguin to punish Tabitha for killing his mother.
- Man-Bat, Mother, and Orphan were introduced.
- Jeremiah (Can't Call Him Joker) escaped and is on the run from a pissed off Bruce Wayne
- A Proto-Bat Signal was introduced.

I can't believe we have to wait til 2019!

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2018, 04:05:09 am »
Since, Marshall Law, isn't the name of a character, I believe you mean, Martial Law.

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2018, 09:53:50 pm »
RIP
Once Upon a Time
October 23, 2011---May 18th, 2018
7 Seasons
155 Episodes
One Magical Journey

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #313 on: May 23, 2018, 09:36:13 pm »
I just got back from Deadpool 2. It is a great movie.

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2018, 10:26:58 pm »
Here's a quick peek at Summer TV (minus streaming service stuff):

RETURNING:

Six May 28th
Queen Sugar May 29th
Animal Kingdom May 29th
Humans, June 5
Younger, June 5
Nashville, June 7
Claws, June 10
The Bold Type, June 12th
Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce, June 14
Divorce, June 14
Marlon, June 14
12 Monkeys, June 15
The Affair, June 17
Shades of Blue, June 17
Young and Hungry, June 20th
Queen of the South, June 21
Shooter, June 21
Preacher, June 24
Power, July 1
Killjoys, July 20
Wynonna Earp, July 20
Making It, July 31
Get Shorty, August 12
Ballers, August 12
Better Call Saul, August
The Sinner, August
Mr Mercedes, August 22

NEW:
Reverie (NBC, May 30th): Sarah Shahi as a cop pulled into investigating people gone missing or trapped in a virtual reality world.

Pose (FX, June 3rd): Ryan Murphy’s new anthology set in the 1980’s New York ball scene. James Van Der Beek and Kara Mara star.

Succession (HBO, June 3rd): A modern-day take on “King Lear” with Brian Cox as the aging mogul of a media empire whose ill health kicks off a fight among his kids to be the new boss.

Dietland (AMC, June 4th): Based on the novel of a woman inspired to get thin by her twisted magazine editor boss (Juliana Marguiles).

Condor (Audience Network, June 6th): An update of the classic “Three Days of the Condor” as a low-level CIA operative discovers a dark conspiracy. He’s hunted both by a boss (Mira Sorvino) who thinks he may be innocent and a cold operative (Brendan Fraser) who wants him dead.

Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger (Freeform, June 7th): Adapting the comic of two runaway teens (Aubrey Joseph and Olivia Holt) who somehow gain super-powers of light and darkness that link them together.

American Woman (Paramount Network, June 7th): After finding her husband cheating on her, a trophy wife (Alicia Silverstone) tries to raise her daughters in 1970s California

Deep State (Epix, June 17): After the death of his son, a former black ops spy (Mark Strong) jumps back into the game for revenge and soon uncovers a darker conspiracy.

Yellowstone (Paramount Network, June 20th): Kevin Costner as a billionaire rancher fighting developers, lawyers, a Native American tribe and his own family to hang onto his classic way of cowboy life.

Take Two (ABC, June 21): Rachel Bilson as the former star of a TV cop show who hits the skids after rehab. Researching a role, she ends up becoming the partner of a real-life private eye (Eddie Cibrian) and helping with her acting talents.

Sharp Objects (HBO, July 8th): An eight-part adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s best-seller as a boozing reporter (Amy Adams) just out of the mental ward is assigned to cover the murder of a girl in her hometown.

Heathers (Paramount Network, July 10th): Delayed from March due to real life events, an update on the classic black comedy of a group of ruthless students who rule their school.

The Outpost (CW, July 10): From the creators of “Stargate,” a young woman (Jessica Green) is the sole survivor of her clan in a fantasy world. She soon finds she has a strange power as she hunts for revenge on the warlord behind her family’s death.

Trial & Error: Lady Killer (NBC, July 19): A return of last summer’s surprise hit “mockumentary” of a murder trial with a mostly new cast. Here, Kristen Chenoweth is the nutty heiress accused of murder

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:28:47 pm by Anynom »