Author Topic: TV and Movie News: Another Origin Story  (Read 14328 times)

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
Re: TV and Movie News: Another Origin Story
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 04:14:23 pm »
And in other geek news stuff, Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who after this season is over.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 05:10:19 pm »
And in other geek news stuff, Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who after this season is over.

I'm rather meh on this. I haven't minded Capaldi as the Doctor, but he's easily my 5th favorite of all the Doctors introduced since the relaunch (yes, that includes the War Doctor). Probably still a pipe dream to hope for Hayley Atwell to get the role next, but that's where my imaginary money will be going in support.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2017, 10:59:49 pm »
I'm just happy Olivia Holt's moved out of the Disney Channel...
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 04:06:56 pm »
So Lucy Hale has gotten her first post-PLL shot with the new CW pilot "Life Sentence." It looks to fall into the "quirky comedy" side of the network as she's a professional woman informed she's dying of cancer. So she quits her job, dumps her boyfriend, tells folks and family what she really thinks of them, blows all her money on a global trip...then is informed there was a mistake and she's perfectly healthy. Now, she has to live with the ramifications of no job, no money and being so honest with everyone.

Sounds fun idea, hope it works as more Hale on TV is always good.

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 06:02:12 pm »
You know, I'd swear I heard of that premise before somewhere... Like, a movie or a TV show, I just can't place it.

*EDIT*

Figured it out! It was an episode of House. Wilson diagnosed a guy with Cancer and turned out to be wrong. When he informed the guy, he was pissed since he did a lot of the same stuff.

Same sort of thing happened on DS9 when Quark was diagnosed with a fatal disease. Turned out he was just set up by Brunt.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:25:23 pm by Royboy »

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I got a McPheever, and I got it bad!
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 09:50:42 pm »
Last Holiday, with Queen Latifah as a woman told she's only got a few weeks to live and decides to live it up while she can, was the comp that came to mind for me.
She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day livin' in Reseda
There's a freeway runnin' through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57:17 am »

I'm rather meh on this. I haven't minded Capaldi as the Doctor, but he's easily my 5th favorite of all the Doctors introduced since the relaunch (yes, that includes the War Doctor). Probably still a pipe dream to hope for Hayley Atwell to get the role next, but that's where my imaginary money will be going in support.
I'm rooting for Maisie Williams.  With Game of Thrones closing out she'll be looking for work and it won't be the first time a regeneration has been of someone a Time Lord has met before.
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 12:05:45 pm »
I'm hoping Maise does something I would want to watch. I have tried watching Dr. Who, I have tried several different Doctors. I can't stand it. I think it is the most overrated show ever. I have seen 1950s sci-fi with better special effects and story. Then again, in it's defense? I don't get much out of British tv period. Their humor is too dry, weird, and unfunny. The only thing they can't screw up is action packed stuff like Musketeers.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway. 

I'll make that top 10 posters list yet! :D

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 10:03:31 pm »
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend creator*, songwriter and star Rachel Bloom has written an original song for the upcoming crossover episodes of The CW’s The Flash and Supergirl. The song entitled "Superfriends" will be performed by Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist. In addition, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, who contributed the lyrics to Justin Hurwitz’s songs from La La Land and wrote the score for the stage musicals Dear Evan Hansen and Dogfight, have composed the original song "Runnin’ Home to You," which will be performed by Gustin. Blake Neely who is scoring both shows, as well as the network’s Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Riverdale** serves as the music director of the project.The crossover episodes "Duets" will also feature vocal performances from Jesse L. Martin, Carlos Valdes, Jeremy Jordan, and Legends of Tomorrow‘s Victor Garber and John Barrowman, who currently stars on Legends. The event is set to premiere on March 20 (Supergirl) and March 21 (The Flash) on The CW.

So they won't be all covers? Excellent! (Cue "I'm not watching them because Chyler isn't singing" pissing-and-moaning from the Oh-grow-the-fuck-up-why-don't-you section.)

*Co-creator, actually. **And Blindspot, by the way.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 05:08:30 am »

I'm rooting for Maisie Williams.  With Game of Thrones closing out she'll be looking for work and it won't be the first time a regeneration has been of someone a Time Lord has met before.

It won't be Maisie. Regenerating into her so soon would be weird, and besides that, she's way too young.

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 05:24:56 am »
Also Maise is one of the breakout stars of GoT. She will get lots of high paying movie offers that will pay her 3 times as much for a fraction of the schedule.

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 06:56:04 pm »
The cast for That Place That Sounds Like Zulu's adaptation of Marvel's Runaways was announced today:

Rhenzy Feliz as Alex
Lyrica Okano as Nico
Virginia Gardner as Karolina
Ariela Barer as Gert
Gregg Sulkin as Chase
Allegra Acosta as Molly

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2017, 09:07:04 pm »
They need their own action figures! Only Nico has been made into one, and I fake a Jurrasic Park Raptor for the dinosaur. I used to custom make figures. Thats why I have a Justice, Swordsman, Stingray, D-Man, and Jack of Hearts in my Avengers collection and no one else does as Marvel never released figures for them making my set more complete than anyone else. I also made a Valkyrie from an Angela and a Hellcat from a Batgirl for my Defenders but I was able to replace those with actual Marvel versions last year. Yes, I am a mid-40s geek girl! I have practically every Avenger ever, a 25 member Justice League, almost complete X-Men, Teen Titans, and Justice Society. I have made some other teams with various other figures. My main villain teams are a 40 member Legion of Doom and a 45 member Masters of Evil. I display not play so I'm totally warped.

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 09:13:08 pm »
If one gets into HeroClix, you can get at the very least miniatures of a multitude of characters that have yet to be made into larger, more standard sized figures. Including all the folks you mentioned.

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 11:06:34 pm »
At one time I was going to collect Heroclix as we were playing.'Marvel Super Heroes'  RPG in a combined Marvel/DC world, but our group broke up as real life got in the way for many of us including me. So I never did those.