Author Topic: TV and Movie News: Another Origin Story  (Read 17442 times)

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
Re: TV and Movie News: Another Origin Story
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 04:49:16 pm »
This may sound weird, but I'm most intrigued by Best Original Song because of the many storylines.  "La La Land" has a 40 percent chance to win, Lin-Manuel Miranda can become the youngest-ever winner of an EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony), then there's Sting looking for his first Oscar after three runner-up finishes and finally, there's Justin Timberlake in the running for an Oscar which is something I thought I'd never see despite his great career.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:56:49 pm by InThe313 »
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I wanna yeah, yeah, yeah
I wanna see you tonight yeah, yeah, yeah
Girl I gotta yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, let me see your hands
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, tonight is the night

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 06:54:52 pm »
So take this with a couple kilos of salt, but apparently some site I know I've never heard of is alleging that the frontrunners for Freeform's Cloak & Dagger series are respectively Heroes' Noah Gray-Cabey and Disney's Debby Ryan.

If this somehow legit and was ever to come to pass, if they put Debby in Dagger's boob-window outfit, she's gonna give some people heart attacks.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

zeusaphone

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Back up in your ass with the resurrection
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »
Re: Best Song

For some reason they nominated the worst songs from La La Land.  Maybe they want Miranda to get his EGOT.
However do you want me?
However do you need me?

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 06:15:01 pm »
ABC renewed its reliable comedy "The Middle" for a ninth season today.

The family comedy, which stars Patricia Heaton and Neil Flynn as middle-class Midwesterners raising three children, is the second longest-running sitcom on ABC, debuting one week after "Modern Family" in 2009.

"'The Middle' has been one of the network's most consistent performers and helped us launch a whole new night of comedy when it moved to Tuesdays this season," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement.  "The Indiana Hecks have found America's sweet spot with their authentic, acerbic and always loving take on parenting, work, kids, marriage and life."

"The Middle" was the longtime 8 p.m. opener for ABC's Wednesday comedy block, moving to Tuesdays this season to help launch that night's own successful comedy block, leading into rookie hit "American Housewife".

Along with "Modern Family", the show has set the tone for ABC's best-in-class slate of sitcoms.

"The Middle" airs on Tuesdays at 8/7c on ABC.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:33:56 pm by InThe313 »
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 10:22:49 pm »
Plus both have cast members who moonlight doing Disney cartoons.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 06:06:56 am »
Nina Dobrev returning for 'Vampire Diaries' series finale

Elena is coming back to Mystic Falls.

Nina Dobrev is officially set to return for the series finale of The Vampire Diaries, she announced Thursday on *.

"I know it's Thursday, but this is not a TBT," the actress captioned a photo of the series finale script.

"I'm thrilled to bring this show to an end the way we always intended - with Nina back to help us say goodbye," showrunner Julie Plec said in a statement. Added executive producer Kevin Williamson: "I'm so excited to have Nina back to ensure our farewell episode is truly epic!"

Dobrev's return should come as little surprise. When the actress exited the CW drama two seasons ago, the deal included a clause that she could return for the series finale.

CW president Mark Pedowitz and Plec, who is also directing the final episode, have made it clear that Dobrev's return for the vampire drama's final chapter was a must.

Dobrev, who had starred on the drama since season one, left at the end of season six to pursue other opportunities. "It's been a great journey, but at the end of the day, I'm not actually a vampire. The fairy tale has to end, and the next chapter has to begin," she told * in May 2015. "I knew this was my time, and I'm excited for the next step."

In the season six finale, Dobrev's Elena was forced into a deep slumber as the result of a spell that put the life of her longtime friend Bonnie (Kat Graham) in danger. To save Bonnie, Elena sacrificed herself.

Since leaving The Vampire Diaries, Dobrev has appeared in the recent Vin Diesel film xXx: Return of Xander Cage, and is also slated for an appearance on Comedy Central's Workaholics.

Dobrev is one of several cast exits in recent years on the aging vampire drama. Steven R. McQueen and Michael Trevino also both left in season six, with the latter returning in season eight.

The cast and executive producers of The Vampire Diaries announced the series' eighth season would be its last in July at Comic-Con International. "This is going to be the final season of The Vampire Diaries. It's bittersweet and emotional and we're all going to be crying in a minute. It's been a beautiful run," Plec told fans in attendance. "Get ready, because it's going to be an epic ride."

The series finale of The Vampire Diaries is set to air Friday, March 10, on The CW.

-SK
Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it's a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 10:36:41 am »
The re-birth of M. Night Shyamlan's career continues to great success.  "Split" retained first at the box office this weekend with $26.3 million ($78 million overall).  Despite the controversial leaked behind-the-scenes footage, "A Dog's Purpose" was the highest debut of the weekend at second with an impressive $18.4 million.  "Hidden Figures" benefitted from the Oscar buzz, dropping only 11 percent from last week to remain at third with $14 million ($104 million overall).
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 11:19:05 am »
Today, The Rain Forest Site renewed two of its half-hour shows:  the musical dramedy "Mozart in the Jungle" and the nostalgic '80s-set comedy "Red Oaks".

Two-time Golden Globe winner "Mozart in the Jungle" will return for a fourth season later this year.  "We're all delighted to be back for a fourth season and to share the further tales of our orchestra and all the artists who comprise it," executive producer Roman Coppola said in a statement.  Season 3 premiered in Dec. 2016.

"Red Oaks" will also return for a new season later this year, but it will be the show's last.  "We've always hoped to send these characters off to their futures with a third and final season, so we're thrilled that ****** has given us the opportunity to do so," said creators Joe Gangemi and Gregory Jacobs.  Season 2 premiered in Nov. 2016.

Both series are available on the site's video service, one that is a part of The Rain Forest Site's larger premiere offering.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:56:05 pm by InThe313 »
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I gotta see you tonight
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh
Oh oh, oh whoa oh oh

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 12:02:52 pm »
Haven't heard of either show before period. Then again, if it doesn't involve sword fights, dragons, magic, superheros, shootouts, car chases, sci-fi, fantasy, or naked women throw the show away because it aint no good!!! :D
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway. 

I'll make that top 10 posters list yet! :D

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 02:34:07 pm »
Great news: NBC has renewed "The Good Place" for a 13-episode 2nd season.

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 02:44:45 pm »
Well, scratch that rumor about Debby Ryan in Cloak & Dagger. A different Disney girl got the part: Olivia Holt.

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 02:59:29 pm »
With Aubrey Joseph as Cloak.

Damn, Holt in THAT costume?

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 03:24:38 pm »
$10 says they family friendly up and don't give her the comics outfit.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway. 

I'll make that top 10 posters list yet! :D

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 03:33:36 pm »
Well, you guys are the ones who watch all that stuff on Freeform. How much cleavage is shown in your average episode of Pretty Little Liars, Shadowhunters or whatever else they've run?

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The Lind sisters are dirty girls
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 03:55:59 pm »
Well, you guys are the ones who watch all that stuff on Freeform. How much cleavage is shown in your average episode of Pretty Little Liars, Shadowhunters or whatever else they've run?

Think traditional CW/WB (Dawson's Creek/Vampire Diaries/etc.) material for what they tend to run and that would get you into the ballpark. Stuff aimed at older teens/early twenty somethings/pervs that want to ogle women in their late teens/early twenties. Kinda that post-Disney/Nickelodeon age, but before they graduate into more adult stuff like your typical prestige drama (somewhere between Hannah Montana and Mad Men). But it's Freeform, so it'll probably get cancelled when it doesn't do PLL-esque social media numbers, and be replaced by something that does even worse.
Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare yeah, hey, hey, hey...