Author Topic: Celebrity Passings 2017  (Read 13870 times)

DanielO

• Posting Machine
  • Aly Michalka, My New Goddess.
Re: Celebrity Passings 2017
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 07:33:26 pm »
“Professor” Irwin Corey, the wild-haired comic who billed himself as “The World's Foremost Authority” and proceeded to amuse and confuse his audiences with his patented stream of pseudo-intellectual musings, doublespeak and nonsequiturs, has died. He was 102.

Corey died Monday at his home in New York City.

Over a career that spanned more than 70 years, Corey performed in vaudeville, radio, television, films, Broadway, nightclubs and Las Vegas showrooms.

Clad in his trademark swallow-tailed coat, string tie and sneakers, Corey was known for what critic Leonard Feather once described as his “mock didactic manner” and “rambling pseudo-historical explanations to which there is usually some sort of crazy logic.”

"However..." 
The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?

DanielO

• Posting Machine
  • Aly Michalka, My New Goddess.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 07:35:35 pm »
Richard Hatch, the Golden Globe nominee who starred on both the original Battlestar Galactica TV series as well as the mid-2000s reboot, died Tuesday after a battle with cancer. He was 71.

On the original Battlestar Galactica, which ran for the 1978-79 season, Hatch played hotshot pilot Captain Apollo, with the role earning him a Golden Globe nomination for best actor in a television series – drama. In the 2004-09 reboot, the actor returned to the franchise as Tom Zarek, an opportunistic political leader who often shook up the playing field as humanity tried to survive annihilation at the hands of the Cylons, a cybernetic race who rebelled against their creators.
The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:16 pm »
RIP Richard and Irwin!  :'(  :'(  :'(
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway!

This space now for rent! LOL

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

zeusaphone

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Back up in your ass with the resurrection
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 01:06:16 pm »
Seven-time Grammy Award-winning jazz singer Al Jarreau has died in Los Angeles at the age of 76
However do you want me?
However do you need me?

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Beware of the Bullet Club Bunny!
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 01:37:55 pm »
Lucha wrestler Chavo "Chavo Classic" Guerrero Sr. has passed away at the age of 68.

RIP
"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 08:38:10 pm »
Former WWE Diva Nicole Bass has passed away. She was 52 years old.

This is already looking to be a bad year for wrestling.

RIP
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 03:31:24 pm »
Wrestling legend, WWE Hall of Famer, George 'the Animal' Steele has died at age 78. :'(  :'( I am very sad.

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2017, 11:00:25 pm »
Nicole Bass isn't dead, but she's close to it.  The report is that she's on life support and will be taken off of it at any moment.

George Steele was a beloved figure in these parts, especially in the eastern suburbs.  Williams James "Jim" Myers was a standout football and basketball star in high school at Madison Heights (Mich.) Madison and then got his degree in engineering from Michigan State.  Even when he was in WWE, he was very devoted to his high school alma mater.  On Saturdays, he was George "The Animal" Steele, competing on "Saturday Night's Main Event" in Madison Square Garden.  On Mondays, he was back to being Jim Myers, gym teacher and football and wrestling coach at Madison High School.  In fact, the school's football stadium is named after him, Jim Myers Stadium, a decision made by the superintendent of Madison Heights Public Schools, who watched him as a kid on TV in a WWE ring.  RIP George.  Your legacy will extend not just to wrestling fans, but the countless boys and girls you helped become great men and women.
'Cause I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it
Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and whips excite me

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2017, 01:57:42 pm »
The bad news keeps coming for us wrestling fans.  "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff, a former WWWF Heavyweight Champion (now the WWE Championship), has passed from a battle with liver cancer.  He was 74.

Joe

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 02:17:31 am »

Three professional wrestlers died on three consecutive days! Sad days for the WWE.

Joey

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2017, 10:10:00 am »
Actor Bill Paxton has passed away at 61.

RIP

ikkitousen

• Posting Machine
  • Liz wins Halloween so far!
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2017, 01:17:22 pm »
Unfortunately, gotta add Neil Fingleton to the list.
He played the giant Mag the Mighty in Game Of Thrones, and was also the tallest man in the European Union.
Technically, it's called "ephebophile"

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2017, 03:07:19 pm »
Grim Reaper is busy; Judge Joseph Wapner of 'The Peoples Court' has died at 97. :'(

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2017, 03:14:54 pm »
The only man to be killed on screen by a Terminator, a Xenomorph, a Predator AND an Avenger. RIP Bill Paxton.

InThe313

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2017, 04:34:09 pm »
I think Hollywood's reactions say it all to how beloved Bill Paxton was with his co-stars and colleagues.

I've been reeling from this for the past half hour, trying to wrap my mind and heart around it. Bill leaves such a void. He and I were close friends for 36 years, since we met on the set of a Roger Corman ultra-low budget movie. He came in to work on set, and I slapped a paint brush in his hand and pointed to a wall, saying 'Paint that!' We quickly recognized the creative spark in each other and became fast friends. What followed was 36 years of making films together, helping develop each others projects, going on scuba diving trips together, watching each others kids growing up, even diving the Titanic wreck together in Russian subs. It was a friendship of laughter, adventure, love of cinema, and mutual respect. Bill wrote beautiful heartfelt and thoughtful letters, an anachronism in this age of digital shorthand. He took good care of his relationships with people, always caring and present for others. He was a good man, a great actor, and a creative dynamo. I hope that amid the gaudy din of Oscar night, people will take a moment to remember this wonderful man, not just for all the hours of joy he brought to us with his vivid screen presence, but for the great human that he was.

The world is a lesser place for his passing, and I will profoundly miss him.
James Cameron

Bill Paxton was, simply, a wonderful man. A wonderful man... Hanx.
Tom Hanks

Crushing. #RIPBillPaxton A gr8 talent & spirit. His passion contributed so much 2 #Apollo13 & all his wrk. We'll miss the hell out of U Bill
Ron Howard

Devastated by the sudden loss of my close friend and one of the finest actors in the business, Bill Paxton. Renaissance man, raconteur and uniquely American national treasure. His filmography speaks for itself. His friendship was a blessing. My love to Bunny, James and Lydia. In his memory, on this Oscar Sunday, watch "One False Move" or "A Simple Plan" to see this lovely leading man, at his finest.
Rob Lowe

Very sad to hear about Bill Paxton. His talent, enthusiasm and energy were unique. Our thoughts are with his family
Cary Elwes

He made this movie great--he acted his heart out. What a talented man. My thoughts are with his family.
Helen Hunt

You were a great friend to me, Bill. AND one of the finest actors to share a set with. Sending so much love to Bill Paxton's family.
Charlize Theron

Bill Paxton could play any role, but he was best at being Bill - a great human being with a huge heart. My thoughts are with his family.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

This picture was taken 2 months ago. As you can see, Bill was alive as alive can be. Losing him is a gut punch. Unprocessable. Rest easy b.. Bill was with his wife for 30 years. If that don't tell ya sumthin....

Flights of angels sweet prince...
Ron Perlman

Bill Paxton was hands down one of the greatest guys that I have ever met. I feel lucky to have called him my friend. Bill, I love you. RIP.
Aaron Paul

Just heard the so so sad news about my pal #BillPaxton. So talented, special and the sweetest guy you'd ever want to meet. RIP my friend.
Paul Reiser

Rest In Peace my sweet friend.
Julie Benz

Bill Paxton was notoriously one of the nicest people in the industry. He also gave us some of the all-time most iconic movie moments.
Jordan Peele

So sad about the passing of Bill Paxton. In film school, we went to the set of Weird Science & he was so nice to us. Such a wonderful guy.
Paul Feig

So tragic the passing of Bill Paxton. Heartbreaking. What a talent, with so many more years of art to share with us. My love to his family *person with folded hands (light skin tone) emoji*
Debra Messing

As well as Bill Paxton's sterling work in, among many others, Nightcrawler, A Simple Plan, Apollo 13, One False Move, Aliens & Near Dark...
Edgar Wright

Bill Paxton was simply one of the greatest people ever. To know him was to love him. I loved him. Huge love to Louise, Lydia and James. Xo
Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Never a false move from the great Bill Paxton, tornado hunter, psycho vampire and a master at making ordinary Joes extraordinary. RIP.
Justin Chang

My fave thing about Bill Paxton was he saw his wife Louise on a London bus 30 yrs ago & never let her go. Everyone loved Bill. *broken heart emoji*
Dana Delaney

RIP Bill Paxton -- a great actor whom many first noticed in Weird Science
Jake Tapper

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of #BillPaxton who died at 61 due to surgical complications. Could not be nicer. #RIP
Al Roker

The loss of #BillPaxton is beyond crushing. Once again, an icon, far too young, gone far too soon. *crying face emoji* Goodbye Private Hudson.
Josh Gad

Sad news about Bill Paxton - too young. Always humanity, decency and touches of humor shining through his work. RIP.
Jeffrey Wright

Unbelievable. Bill Paxton is gone. Shocking. RIP
Michael Chiklis

I am stunned & saddened at the passing of Bill Paxton. I just worked with him recently. A warm and beautiful soul and a talented actor. RIP
Lou Diamond Phillips

What sad sad news.Bill Paxton was a genuinely good guy and an actor of great depth .Love and prayers for peaceful hearts to his family.
Melissa Gilbert

Saddened by the shocking loss of Bill Paxton. The greatest guy & wonderful actor. His enthusiasm and passion was infectious. See his films!
Ralph Macchio