Author Topic: TV & Movie Observations - We Recast You As A Hot Teenaged Girl  (Read 17655 times)

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Beware of the Bullet Club Bunny!
Re: TV & Movie Observations - We Recast You As A Hot Teenaged Girl
« Reply #375 on: February 01, 2017, 12:57:47 am »
I never read many Archie comics, but they were huge offenders in the PC ramming it down our throats! I had no problem with the introduction of the gay character, in fact, I found him quite likable, however, as soon as he showed up it seems Archie turned his back on Jughead, his best friend from the time they could walk, cops suddenly were abusive, if you support the second amendment you were a nutjob, Mr. Lodge suddenly became a 'greedy' capitilist!  I am pretty centrist but Archie wasn't funny anymore and was very KM! Can't say the name of the initials.
That's the problem with comics in general right now. Its not about the characters or stories, but about the writers spouting their SJW agendas. They think very superhero needs to be a either a feminist, minority, homosexual or all of the above. This is why comic sales are tanking right now. Nobody wants to buy that BS.
"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #376 on: February 01, 2017, 01:05:59 am »
Archie comics are sort of stuck in this bizarre situation where the entire concept is this wholesome throwback with relatively clean humor, which has its place. But to sell books, they have to try and stay culturally and socially relevant. So they pretty much either have to bring things into the 21st Century, or rely on insane stunts like killing Archie, having him fight Predators or Sharknados or anything else they can tie into when it comes to other pop fads.

So of course, cue the CW and what they've done with Riverdale. Which then prompts bird-sounds like ones from PFT where he says: "I PROFOUNDLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ARCHIE & JUGHEAD MURDER SHOW" and "In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. That's where Josie & The Pussycats come in."

Or the exchange:
"is Weatherbee a sexy guy in that?"
"I mean, sure, why not? Weatherbee is yoked & swole."

That's the problem with comics in general right now. Its not about the characters or stories, but about the writers spouting their SJW agendas. They think very superhero needs to be a either a feminist, minority, homosexual or all of the above. This is why comic sales are tanking right now. Nobody wants to buy that BS.

Aaaaaaand here we go again. For a site that's not supposed to involve politics? Phrases like "SJW" probably shouldn't be tossed around.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I got a McPheever, and I got it bad!
« Reply #377 on: February 01, 2017, 01:12:22 am »
I'm just going to lock this now. Get off the fucking subject in the next one, please?
She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day livin' in Reseda
There's a freeway runnin' through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart