Author Topic: TV & Movie Observations - We Recast You As A Hot Teenaged Girl  (Read 20672 times)

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
Re: TV & Movie Observations - We Recast You As A Hot Teenaged Girl
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 12:29:33 am »
To be fair, they were having Misty make bad decisions before Mariah ever got under her skin.

And now that I got to watch Gotham tonight, we are potentially in for the rapiest season yet. One guy who can mind control people and another impersonating someone to make time with a girl. Eesh.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The Lind sisters are dirty girls
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 01:28:33 am »
Timeless - *sigh* Abigail Spencer is a very beautiful woman. The show itself isn't bad, though far from great at this point. Definitely good enough though to let Abigail keep me coming back, and then thinking of her diddling herself every time she's on screen (which is another reason to watch, though it can be a bit distracting at times). Nice bonus Shantel VanSanten in the pilot as well.
Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare yeah, hey, hey, hey...

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 05:09:08 am »
And now that I got to watch Gotham tonight, we are potentially in for the rapiest season yet. One guy who can mind control people and another impersonating someone to make time with a girl. Eesh.

I'm already over Gotham's Clone Bruce story. They're clearly just throwing that in so Bruce has something to do this season besides being ignored by the Court of Owls. They aren't bringing a single new thing to the old Copy of a Person trope, and now they've just roped in Selina, instead of having her focus on Ivy.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 12:31:31 pm »
So give it to NBC on how their new shows have gotten some cool twists to them:

SPOILER ALERT

Timeless: The team end up watching as the Hindenburgh goes up a day later than it did, killing only two people which has ramifications. When they get back, Lucy is at first overjoyed to see her sick mom quite well...but then finds that not only is she now engaged to someone she's never met but her sister never existed.

The Good Place: Eleanor finds out Jianyu, the supposedly silent Buddihist, is actually Jason Mendoza, an idiot drug dealer who doesn't belong either. Making them wonder just how many more of their neighbors might not belong in the Good Place.

This is Us: The best twist to a pilot in years: In the final scene, it turns out Jack and Rebecca are actually living in 1980. Their twins will grow up to become Kate and Kevin while Randall is adopted by the duo when found abandoned on the same day.

Then the next episode has an elder Rebecca coming by to visit Randall and his kids...only she's now married to Jack's best friend Miguel.

zeusaphone

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Back up in your ass with the resurrection
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 07:38:28 pm »
One could also argue the fights prior to the finale weren't too great, especially because how high Daredevil set the bar. I get that the flunkies aren't going to be any challenge for Luke, but it's like he breathed on them and they dropped like a sack of potatoes.

It makes sense in universe.  Luke Cage doesn't have any special training in how to fight, and with his powers he has very little reason to bother learning better technique.  His fights should be clumsy and awkward.
However do you want me?
However do you need me?

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 08:36:28 pm »
I used to read Luke Cage and he always seemed like an experienced street fighter to me..
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway. 

I'll make that top 10 posters list yet! :D

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 09:33:32 pm »
FLASH Spoilers:

Well, that was quick. Flashpoint lasted an episode. Some repercussions, sure, but unless there are a lot more coming, it's a little underwhelming. Basically, Barry learns for the 385th time that Time Travel Is Bad, Don't Do It. Except we know he won't, and sooner or later, he'll go back and change something again.

Still, thank god this show is back. Been a long summer without my weekly dose of well-written but still super fun comic book goodness.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 11:51:55 pm »
Barry Allan is basically Peter Parker... anything and everything he does results in someone getting killed or screwed over royally
Moving on but still doing what I'm doing

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2016, 02:10:57 am »
I'm going to quote myself from the last observations thread. Reply #226 from May 25th:
But I do not believe for a second that the Flashpoint reality we're probably going to be subjected to in the premiere will extend past that episode. Episode two, tops. If the finale to the first season and the premiere to the second season have taught us anything it's that they will wrap that development up with a bow and just spend the rest of the season with the fallout. So I fully expect Barry to realize the mistake he's made, fix it, but not perfectly. And then the rest of the season is dealing with the little differences, but back to normal for the most part. Because they're not going to retcon the previous two seasons or wipe anything else out that happened on the other shows. You can do that stuff in comics, but not television. It's a different beast.

Lo and behold, Flashpoint was one and done. With Barry *still* fucking up because he left the super-villain murderer unattended to dick around with a little more of the timestream than intended.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2016, 10:50:44 pm »
Again: Barry Allan is basically Peter Parker

Meanwhile on Arrow... the 5th season gets off to a promising start, Tobias Church is an impressive villain and hey, we got actual character development... though at this point I'm wondering how Lance isn't in a psycho ward with how he's basically life's punching bag on the show

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2016, 11:43:41 pm »
On the Arrow premiere. SPOILERS...

Two main things from tonight. First, the "back to basics" approach we've been hearing in regards to the season seems to be a little on the nose, specifically when Ollie called back to the pilot with that line and the neck-snapping. Going back to turning Ollie into a killer is frustrating to say the least. And I'm not exactly super-fond of how it's almost treated like an addiction where you fall off the wagon if you don't have a support system around.

Then there's the reveal of Laurel's final words. I'd thought we'd dodged the bullet of the notion of Felicity becoming Black Canary, but turns out it might not be off the table just quite yet. "Don't let me be the last Canary." may be the Arrow equivalent of "With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg." Only in this case, the audience is Zoidberg.

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 01:41:11 pm »
Whether you like it or not, the Green Arrow always ends up with the sexy blondy computer geek that everyone thought wouldn't make it to season four.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 09:54:47 pm »

Somehow, considering Katie Cassidy is still employed in the vast CW/DC TV universe, I think the odds of her returning are still better than Felicity becoming the Black Canary.

SPOILER SPACE, just in case...

Not a bad start to the season. I like that they didn't already have the new team together, though you can tell the old team will all be back before too long because, hey, everyone's still in the cast. The Russian flashback remains as pointless as the flashbacks have been for at least the last two years. I'm rooting for Arrow, Season 6 entirely so they won't keep making flashbacks.

Two highlights, for me anyway:  The Parachute Arrow is the kind of tomfoolery that should be included in comic book shows every now and then, even ones that take themselves so seriously like Arrow. Also, Felicty in that dress at the end. Sweet jebus, Emily Bett Rickards, wear stuff like that always please.

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:06 pm »
Somehow, considering Katie Cassidy is still employed in the vast CW/DC TV universe, I think the odds of her returning are still better than Felicity becoming the Black Canary.

Or she'll just be playing Black Siren a few more times.

Additional thought about Chad Coleman's character... While he cuts an imposing figure (odd choice to have him playing duck-duck-goose with a baseball bat considering it ties to a recent credit on his resume) why is he such a big threat? Ollie has dealt with assassins, nigh-immortal warlords and most recently what boils down to an evil wizard. If he can handle them, a Kingpin wannabe with some brass knucks is small potatoes.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2016, 02:00:14 am »
Why is he such a threat... it's because he changes body types in fight scenes  ;D