Author Topic: TV & Movie Observations - We Recast You As A Hot Teenaged Girl  (Read 22983 times)

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
Re: TV & Movie Observations - We Recast You As A Hot Teenaged Girl
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 03:38:59 pm »
Kylie Bunbury is my early pick for breakout hottie of the Television series - she plays the main character with heart and conviction and I totally believe she can throw a baseball and strike guys out. She's also easy on the eyes,

She was one of the less objectionable elements of the final season of Under The Dome, not because of the show's few fanservice providers.

Designated Survivor is on TSSTAB outside North America, so once I'm caught up on iZombie (two more episodes to go of season 1) I'll give it a look.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 06:36:50 pm »
Yeesh, that was one creepy cameo on Hawaii Five-O.

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 11:27:00 am »

Agreed. I appreciate the sentiment, but wow, that was 12 kinds of wrong, mostly in the questionable CGI bit.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 10:00:15 pm »
Looks like "Quantico" is out to make season 2 even more ridiculously over the top and nuts and I love it.

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 01:42:51 am »
Jon Hamm continues his reign as king of the comedy cameo.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 08:30:12 pm »

Agreed. I appreciate the sentiment, but wow, that was 12 kinds of wrong, mostly in the questionable CGI bit.

I heard about that, and I have to agree.
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 12:30:48 am »
On Gotham, not exactly spoilers but apparently Ivy shops at the same clothing store as Bruce Banner. It must be nice to have clothes that grow with you.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 02:30:49 am »
I'm just curious now in terms of the fan fics based on Gotham, what the hell does Ivy classify as, cause despite growth spurt... she's what in that 12-13 range?
Happily Retired From Writing... Wowefa is on its own :)

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 01:25:59 am »
Either way, it's right up this site's alley.

On tonight's Agents of SHIELD... sorta spoilery...

I get that Daisy is still emotionally traumatized by Hive's brainwashing and Lincoln's death, but if she really wants to get through this? She should stop trying to process her grief by picking fights with Ghost Rider. Because it is... not working. He beat her with a muffler.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 01:46:47 am »
Well it's more effective than beating her with an ugly stick....

Still I'm probably the only one that's okay with this cause I think Coulson is a total idiot, but I'm glad he's getting the cold shoulder are certain things

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 05:07:13 am »
On Gotham, not exactly spoilers but apparently Ivy shops at the same clothing store as Bruce Banner. It must be nice to have clothes that grow with you.

To be fair, that... sweater? Whatever her top was ended up being pretty short on the Maggie Geha version, and her leggings were clearly ripped (though you could argue that came from the whole nearly being killed bit). Chalk it up to Gotham's horrible toxic water stretching the fabric.

I'm just curious now in terms of the fan fics based on Gotham, what the hell does Ivy classify as, cause despite growth spurt... she's what in that 12-13 range?

Yeah, the writers are getting all kinds of flack on this, Ivy's now a total sexpot (love that green dress at the end), but she's technically still a little girl. As for stories around here, I think just play it as a regular adult - the actress is certainly of-age, and there's no point getting hung up on it.

Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 09:32:28 pm »
Just got done watching Luke Cage. So good. Iron Fist and the Defenders can't get here quick enough.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 08:52:17 pm »
Luke Cage has so many strengths as a show that it's one major weakness (Mariah) sticks out like a sore thumb

Gotham was awesome tonight... certainly was not expecting who showed up at the end to be tied in with who he is

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 10:55:51 pm »
Luke Cage has so many strengths as a show that it's one major weakness (Mariah) sticks out like a sore thumb

Oh man, I cannot disagree more. I LOVED Alfre Woodard and thought she was amazing. I think the weaknesses were probably Diamondback, who was hamming it up a little too much. Especially after how cool Cottonmouth was.

One could also argue the fights prior to the finale weren't too great, especially because how high Daredevil set the bar. I get that the flunkies aren't going to be any challenge for Luke, but it's like he breathed on them and they dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 11:31:54 pm »
Nothing against the actress... but the character Mariah fucking sucked, she is so god damn transparent you could see through her from a mile way, and what makes it worst, they actually tell us that she is a worthless character in the episode in which (SPOILERS). You go from a total cool cat who is actual likeable despite being a villian in Cottonmouth to focusing on that worthless transparent M.O. knock off, and to get her over as being 'credible' as a villain they cut the legs out of Misty Knight's character making her look like a moron who can't help but make bad decisions.

Diamondback being hammy at least made sense because he was the big bad that was going to match Luke in a fight and it tied into Luke's origin story prior to prison.