Author Topic: Video Games Observations - Level 4 - Forrest of Illusion  (Read 5459 times)

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
Video Games Observations - Level 4 - Forrest of Illusion
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:39:01 am »
Last thread was over 120 days old when I went to post in it and a warning appeared... so... figure I'd start a new thread.

Finish Life Is Strange Episode 5... and... damn it... it's a tear puller... certainly a great climax to season 1, regardless of which final choice you choose. :'(

Also Broforce is prof that the Expendables franchise could be a great game  ;D
Happily Retired From Writing... Wowefa is on its own :)

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
Re: Video Games Observations - Level 4 - Forrest of Illusion
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 02:32:00 am »
Came across a cute little Visual Novel, Without Within 2... very well put together from a story, artwork and musical standpoint... highly recommended  8)

Sex Kitten

• Posting Machine
  • Enjoying Naked Time with Charisma
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 06:08:38 pm »
They're already starting to promote, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens. If everything goes as planned, it'll be out around the end of June, this year.

-SK
Anna Akana: If you can’t be the sharpest tool in the shed, you can always be the hoe.

Anna Akana: Cleavage is the only thing you can look down on, & approve of at the same time.

Anynom

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 02:52:27 pm »
Bit surprised, they generally prefer series to use multiple films and levels, not so much just one flick.

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 03:37:53 pm »
Bit surprised, they generally prefer series to use multiple films and levels, not so much just one flick.

But this way, they can sell 3 video games instead of just 1!

No, seriously, that's the reason right there. They know they've got the fans who'll shell out... whatever a video game goes for these days ($40? $50?) and so why wait 4 more years when they can do it now and make just as much money?
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

Dice of Dice & Kristi

• Author
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 11:42:19 pm »
Well happy day, WWE 2K16 is coming to the PC in a couple of weeks... and price wise, worth the wait  ;D

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:39:41 pm »
The trailer for Injustice: Gods Among Us 2 was just released!!!

It confirms that Superman, Batman, The Flash, Aquaman, Supergirl, and Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis?) will be in the game.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

darkdefender85

• Posting Machine
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 07:07:16 pm »
During the Injustice 2 Gameplay Trailer, it was revealed that Gorilla Grodd, Red Lantern Atrocitous, and Black Manta will be in the game.

The main idea behind this years game is the new Gear System. With every battle, you will gain access to a Gear Drop that will have Upgrade and Customize the characters.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 03:32:24 pm »
Anyone remember earlier this year when Disney abruptly shut down their Infinity line of video game/toys? And how it basically shut down an entire company that was dedicated to that very successful game, one of the few toys & VG integration systems that actually seemed to work? Well, Disney is at it again.

They announced, courtesy of a HELP PAGE, that they're shutting down Marvel's Avengers Alliance, a popular social media based game that I can't really describe too much more without violating board rules. AA has been running, quite successfully, since 2012 and has a very large, and very VOCAL fan base (myself included - it's one of the few video games I still play). As of today, September 1st, the game will no longer accept new transactions or new downloads, and it will be going away completely on September 30th. Disney's argument is that they want to focus on other mobile games and ideas, but on the heels of what they did to their own Infinity game, some people are wondering if the Mouse just wants out of video games all-together.

Edit: I should probably mention, Avengers Alliance 2, a mobile only spin-off sorta-semi sequel to the first game, will also be ending, having existed for less than a year. AA spawned another spin-off, the also-short-lived Avengers Alliance Tactics, which was HORRID and AWFUL and I HATED IT.* No word on some of the other longer-running Marvel games (Spider-Man: Unlimited comes to mind, the surprisingly limited running game that tied into last year's Spiderverse comic event, yet somehow is still active).

*yes, I still regret ever playing that game, and legitimately was happy to see it die quickly. This was maybe 2 years ago now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:40:19 pm by TRL »

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 03:55:36 pm »
It's such a bummer M:AA is closing. Of course, we probably should have seen the signs coming a mile away. During that summer celebration? They were giving such crazy amounts of gold and command points away, it was like a going out of business sale.

I'll be disappointed that by the time the game shuts down that I won't have everyone available, but at least by the time it happens, I'll have chapter mastery done.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

DrBlasphemy

• Purveyor Of Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Beware of the Bullet Club Bunny!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 07:02:52 pm »
I know I'm a wwek late, but the best fighting game series The King Of Fighters XIV is out! After Street Fighter V was a major dud for not even having an arcade mode and other basics, KOFXIV gives you everything Capcom promised and tons more. There's no Fight Money you need to earn for you purchase new characters because you get 50 characters to play straight out of the box.

Were you upset Capcom caved into the SJWs and censored Cammy's ass, Mika's ass slap and covered Juri's tits and ass? SNK doesn't cater to those assholes. You get Luong doing her sexy head straddling neck breaker Super Climax that ends with her showing off her ass, Angel giving giving opponent's motorboats during her Super Climax, and the classic Art Of Fighting King and Yuri lose by super ending where their clothes get torn to shreds.

As for game play, its insane. Just think SF or any other fighter on speed. There's 4 different jumps and dodge rolls to help you get into position to do some major punishment.

The only release problem the game had was a netcode bug, which they just today fixed with a patch. Playing online against other players is now solid.

As for rating it has a score (on a site a can't mention) of 81/100, which is a higher score than SFV.
"Use all your filthy words, the greatest sound I've ever heard.
They keep my heart and soul so blown away." - Monster Magnet (Bored With Sorcery)

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 10:30:28 pm »
It's such a bummer M:AA is closing. Of course, we probably should have seen the signs coming a mile away. During that summer celebration? They were giving such crazy amounts of gold and command points away, it was like a going out of business sale.

I'll be disappointed that by the time the game shuts down that I won't have everyone available, but at least by the time it happens, I'll have chapter mastery done.

Yeah, that summer sale was suspicious, but they also acted like it was something they'd do again next year, so I didn't worry about it.

I'll be nowhere near Chapter mastery. I've never had THAT much time to throw into the game. I'm hoping they unlock some of the lockbox characters I was never able to get. At the rate their giving out CPs now, I just might be able to get everyone else left before the end of the month. I'll barely be able to use them, I'll never see their top level attacks, but being a collector, I do kinda want to own them all, even if only for a day or two.

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 02:17:33 am »

Yeah, that summer sale was suspicious, but they also acted like it was something they'd do again next year, so I didn't worry about it.

I'll be nowhere near Chapter mastery. I've never had THAT much time to throw into the game. I'm hoping they unlock some of the lockbox characters I was never able to get. At the rate their giving out CPs now, I just might be able to get everyone else left before the end of the month. I'll barely be able to use them, I'll never see their top level attacks, but being a collector, I do kinda want to own them all, even if only for a day or two.

Yeah, the way things are going, I'm going to save up until a week to a half a week before the game closes and then convert my gold into CP and just buy up as many folks that I don't have as I can. I'm definitely not going to own a few folks since I missed out on some lockbox characters, but I'll have most for the heck of it.

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 04:22:02 pm »
Well, I got Warlock. Making that the fastest I've ever gone through a Spec Ops. They sorta make it easy for you when skipping a task costs five gold and the reward is fifty. Then finished up the last heroic battle I needed for chapter mastery, meaning from this point until the closing, it's just trying to raise the CP and gold to convert into CP so I can reach the 2165 CP I need to buy every non-lockbox character left.

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 07:07:27 am »
Well, I got Warlock. Making that the fastest I've ever gone through a Spec Ops. They sorta make it easy for you when skipping a task costs five gold and the reward is fifty. Then finished up the last heroic battle I needed for chapter mastery, meaning from this point until the closing, it's just trying to raise the CP and gold to convert into CP so I can reach the 2165 CP I need to buy every non-lockbox character left.

*blinks* I hadn't even glanced at the cost of skipping events. I may be speeding up my going through this Spec Op.

I'm only maybe 600-ish CP shy of being able to get everyone, and I have 450-ish saved up. If they release the lockbox characters, then I'm fucked, but at the rate they're paying out CPs and gold, maybe I stand a chance.