Author Topic: Hottest Animation Women  (Read 3194 times)

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
Re: Hottest Animation Women
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 11:30:10 pm »
I'm in the camp that Marge is definitely and indisputably human. I think a top list of hottest animated characters would be interesting, but not if the person running it is going to force their subjective beliefs about beauty onto the nomination process. Female characters is where the parameters should begin and end. So if a person wants to nominate Rogue from the X-Men? Fine. If another person wants to nominate Wyldstyle from The Lego Movie? Equally fine.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

wmike

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • The mad midnight bomber what bombs at midnight
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 05:27:34 pm »
 It takes me 4 weeks to pick out 20 for the top character list, it took 10 minutes to get 20 animated characters, I haven't gone through Disney yet
SPOON

JayDee

• Posting Machine
  • Empty Quarter
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 11:46:13 am »
....I don't see the fuss really. If Vicki wants to run a contest to very specific standards it strikes me that there's nothing wrong with that so long as the standards are laid out to start. After all, nobody is forced to enter and submit to those standards.

Equally, the non-human fans could do a separate contest for non-human/mixed/human characters if they care enough, and from the heat of debate it seems some folks do care about the toontang.

I, for one, really liked Demona from Gargoyles. I mean, sure, she hated all human life with a burning, obsessional passion, but to me that's just cute. At least it would be something to talk about.

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 09:35:32 pm »
....I don't see the fuss really. If Vicki wants to run a contest to very specific standards it strikes me that there's nothing wrong with that so long as the standards are laid out to start. After all, nobody is forced to enter and submit to those standards.

Yes, but what's to stop someone submitting a list and Vicki demanding some of them be taken off because she doesn't approve?
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Vicki

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Deranged and dangerously seductive!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 11:36:04 pm »
Because the subject is dead. I am not getting involved anymore. I wanted to see if there was any interest and it caused nothing but discord and bad feelings and that is not what I wanted. I thought people would be voting Daphne and Cheetara and Jessica Rabbit instead I got full out anger. So as far as I am concered this topic is dead.
All women are lesbians at heart, my ongoing mission, to prove it.

Sanity is over-rated, but I never believed in it anyway. 

I'll make that top 10 posters list yet! :D

I can look at myself NAKED!

Founder of the Lesbian Lover's of the Multiverse

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 12:27:25 am »
I wouldn't say there's anger, discord and bad feelings, but definitely disagreement on the notion of drawing a line to exclude certain characters. Especially when you say you want humans, then cite that Marge is unacceptable but Cheetara is. Say what we will about Thundercats, that they're on the move or on the loose... whatever. Fine. But the one thing they are not is human.
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 01:20:00 am »
Okay, maybe it's time we lock this thread and forget it ever happened. I'm pretty sure there's other things to talk about.
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)