Author Topic: 2013 CSSA Hot 100 Discussion  (Read 16023 times)

slip

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Founder of the B.O.M.B
2013 CSSA Hot 100 Discussion
« on: May 03, 2013, 02:28:49 pm »
Does Maxim even do these anymore? Lets get the buzz going. A little under 1 month till voting begins. Lets make our 11th list the hottest yet!

2003 - Jessica Alba
2004 - Eliza Dushku
2005 - Jessica Alba
2006 - Natalie Portman
2007 - Hayden Panettiere
2008 - Hayden Panettiere
2009 - Eliza Dushku
2010 - Eliza Dushku
2011 - Emma Watson
2012 - Victoria Justice
Brotherhood
Of
Michelle
Branch

VOTE!!!!!! Vote in the  12th Annual CSSA Hot 100!!! Voting starts tonight at midnight

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
Re: 2013 CSSA Hot 100 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 06:12:00 am »
I'm hoping for a Selena victory this time around.  Also that, having passed the 16 barrier, more people will vote for Chloe Moretz
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

TRL

• Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I'll put something here someday.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:33:26 am »
Does Maxim even do these anymore? Lets get the buzz going. A little under 1 month till voting begins. Lets make our 11th list the hottest yet!

Apparently they do, because Miley Cyrus is claiming she's #1 this year, even before Maxim could announce it. Frankly, with her shitty new hair, I find that hard to believe, but I do believe Miley got stoned enough to THINK she's #1...
Is it Dec 2019 yet? (GAH SO FAR AWAY!)

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Jenna Ortega looks bored, she needs to get laid
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 10:07:03 am »

Apparently they do, because Miley Cyrus is claiming she's #1 this year, even before Maxim could announce it. Frankly, with her shitty new hair, I find that hard to believe, but I do believe Miley got stoned enough to THINK she's #1...

Remember, Maxim ranks based on who posed for them, so I can imagine they'd give her the top spot whether she actually deserves it at this point in time or not.
Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
So make a move and plead the fifth cause ya can't plead the first
Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
So now I'm rollin down Rodeo wit a shotgun
These people ain't seen a brown skin man
Since their grandparents bought one

zeusaphone

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Back up in your ass with the resurrection
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 12:42:42 pm »
I expect that my votes will be far removed from the final tally, as usual.
However do you want me?
However do you need me?

slip

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Founder of the B.O.M.B
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 06:03:54 pm »
All I can say is Campaign. 
Brotherhood
Of
Michelle
Branch

VOTE!!!!!! Vote in the  12th Annual CSSA Hot 100!!! Voting starts tonight at midnight

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »
All I can say is Campaign.

Or bribe. Not that that's proven all that effective in the past.

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 07:41:50 pm »

Remember, Maxim ranks based on who posed for them, so I can imagine they'd give her the top spot whether she actually deserves it at this point in time or not.
Actually, this year, they're doing it based on online voting.
Know y'all been patiently waiting
I know you need me, I can feel it
I'm a beast, I'm an animal
I'm that monster in the mirror
The headliner, finisher
I'm the closer, winner
Best when under pressure
With seconds left I show up
If you really want more, scream it out louder

Cosmo Kramer

• Founder, Church of ATM
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • When in doubt, add more ATM
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 07:52:10 pm »

If that were really true, given they share the same demographic as SI Swimsuit Edition fans shouldn't Kate Upton have run away with that vote?
Oh my god, I actually updated this.

1.  Add ATM
2.  Add more ATM
3.  ???
4.  Profit

April 12, 2010 - The Church of ATM is stronger than ever!

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 08:30:37 pm »

I think you're thinking of FHM - though the only difference between the two these days is just that FHM is Brittish and Maxim is American, and neither can make a top 100 list to save their lives.

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 06:40:37 am »
Despite the hair I wouldn't cry foul if Miley won.  I've gotten used to it and in any case her body is still slamming.
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

slip

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Founder of the B.O.M.B
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »
So if memory serves their were a few people upset with strategic voting last year. Any thoughts/ideas?
Brotherhood
Of
Michelle
Branch

The Squad Leader

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Isn't she the sexiest girl ever?
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 12:53:59 pm »
So if memory serves their were a few people upset with strategic voting last year. Any thoughts/ideas?

The fairest way to do it would be to have everyone PM their votes to you and then post them all on results day. And I personally would say that once you submit your list you can not change it but that second part is just my opinion and I realize that that would not be too popular.  ;D

That would give you a more accurate (though no system is flawless) assessment of the true Hot 100 rather than "I moved girl A down to number 10 because she didn't need the votes" etc.

If you want another set of eyes to make sure the math is right you could share the PM's with 1 or 2 people to help you with the tabulations though too many sets of eyes kind of defeats the purpose of a secret ballot. I would also suggest that whoever you get to help you tabulate (I'll volunteer to help if need be) should have to submit their ballot and not be allowed to change it before they start viewing results.

As I said this is my suggestion and while no system is perfect I think the one I listed above would definitely give us a truer (is that a word?  ;D ) barometer of the actual Hot 100 rather than the shenanigans of the past.

TSL
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:56:11 pm by The Squad Leader »
Paradise, has it's hunter
Call me blind, call me fool
I don't mind chasing thunder
I say reaching for heaven is what I'm on Earth to do

-Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Dear Believer

TRL

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:47 pm »
Personally, I think voting time should be cut from an entire month down to just a week. If it takes you 30 days to pick 10-20 names of hot babes, you're doing it wrong in the first place. 7 days gives everyone enough time, especially if you forewarn everyone ahead of time (like maybe a stickied thread in each part of the board say the voting times - like "CSSA TOP 100 Voting Open June 1st-7th"

That way, everyone knows it's coming and knows to get their votes in sometime that week. Take all the time you need BEFORE that to amass your list, but get it in during that week. If you can't do a quick copy-paste into a post/PM sometime that week, maybe we could have some sort of absentee-ballot system or something. But there's no reason this should take 30 days - do we even get 30 votes anymore?

slip

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Founder of the B.O.M.B
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 02:15:06 pm »
We had about 48 votes last year with 18 coming between the 1st-7th. We also had a record high of email votes. TSL I was thinking of a voters choice. PM me vote on the thread or email me. I'll share the email and PM votes with you and Cosmo, if he's up for it. Then only share those votes after voting is completed.
Brotherhood
Of
Michelle
Branch