Author Topic: 2012 CSSA Hot 100 Discussion  (Read 22273 times)

Cosmo Kramer

• Founder, Church of ATM
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • When in doubt, add more ATM
Re: 2012 CSSA Hot 100 Discussion
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2012, 02:23:05 pm »
Yikes, sorry folks wasn't trying to spark a controversy here. :(

First, sorry slip if I forgot to PM you, but I honestly thought announcing the changes in this thread along with marking the changes on my ballot was sufficient.  If not, then by all means disregard the revised vote and stick with the old one, and I'll be sure to send you a PM in the future if/when I make changes to future ballots.

Second, respectfully TSL, take a deep calming breath, there's nothing sinister going on here.  I believe I indicated several weeks back when I was first trying to fill out a ballot that the list was fluid, especially the bottom half.  Having 2 weeks to stare at Rose McGowan in "the dress" and then reading about her slamming Mandy's ass with Mr. Snappy goes an awful long way, after rereading that scene in Harem 18 a couple of times how could I NOT make a change.  Likewise having a new Victorious that was very Cat-centric boosted Ariana 4 spots, and really last night's episode was the impetus for my change; I wouldn't have bothered changing the list for just one person.  Sorry if the timing seems nefarious to you, but that happened to be the only time where I could actually sit down and make changes.

Third, if we're really concerned about vote manipulation, the easiest solution would be if everyone sent slip their ballots privately via PM or email.  However, does slip even want his inbox stuffed with 50 ballots?  And then what about the counting, he'd have nobody to compare notes with.
Oh my god, I actually updated this.

1.  Add ATM
2.  Add more ATM
3.  ???
4.  Profit

April 12, 2010 - The Church of ATM is stronger than ever!

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2012, 06:09:36 pm »
So, and I ask this only out of curiosity, I have no dog in this fight, if Cosmo didn't PM you his changes didn't go through?
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

slip

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Founder of the B.O.M.B
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19:12 pm »
It happened on previous lists, and I never changed it. It was an honest mistake but non the less myself and Cosmo are fine sticking to his original list. We'll toss around some ideas for next year to try and keep everyone happy. Let's all focus on what's important to us, hot celebrities gettin it on
Brotherhood
Of
Michelle
Branch

VOTE!!!!!! Vote in the  12th Annual CSSA Hot 100!!! Voting starts tonight at midnight

The Squad Leader

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Isn't she the sexiest girl ever?
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2012, 10:25:23 pm »
What part of "You may only vote ONCE, you can change your vote any time before the end of the day on June 30th - however, let me (Slip) know, please PM me your old list and your new list so I can adjust" did Cosmo break? Also, what rule did I break by locking the voting thread after midnight on July 1st when the vote is supposed to run from June 1st to 30th? And slip posted the last two e-mail votes he'd gotten before the deadline that he hadn't put up yet, so it's not like anyone was denied a chance to vote that got in before the end of the voting period.

Besides, my vote locked Kelly onto the list with or without Cosmo's help. And you weren't putting up nearly the stink about integrity of the list when Hayden was doing better than missing the top 20, even though much of this stuff was going on. Hell, the Tyval/Vicki/Shelly voting block or like 4 or 5 people that always had mysteriously similar ballots and then all seemed to vanish about the same time did a much better job of manipulating the vote.

Okay, after exchanging emails with Cos and having a minute to think about it I’m coming at this with a fresh head. Just a few things to clear up:

I am not the psycho obsessed fan boy that my argument with the way the voting is being done by a few people may make me seem. I truly and honestly DO NOT CARE if my favorites finish high or low on the list but it is the principle of things that has ruffled my feathers on this one.  Joe I asked you politely several times to not ruin things for the rest of us and still you kept talking about bribing people and manipulating votes and honestly there is no purpose to do those things other than to be a dick about it. (For the record I do not think you are a dick and you are one of my best friends on the board but come on man)

You can say that no rules were broken and technically maybe they weren’t but to make an extreme analogy it’s like getting away with a crime because you weren’t read your Miranda Rights. You still did something you weren’t supposed to even though you weren’t proven guilty.

I can’t be the only one here who thinks the process is ridiculous and yet I look like the crazy asshole because I’m the one who says something about it.

I do owe Voodoo and Cos an apology on the post about last night’s vote changing and locking the thread as after emailing with Cosmo I don’t believe anything underhanded was going on. But as I told Cos, everything you guys were talking about doing as far as manipulating the votes he did at the last minute so you can see where I would think the cheating was going on.

Anyway, last thing is this. Anyone who knows me knows I am generally a laid back dude and I don’t sweat the small stuff, especially stupid lists and games like this and so for it to annoy me this badly is a sign that maybe I need to take a step back and wash my hands of it. So I’m done. Done with the Hot 100 (leave my votes in or take em out I really don’t care) and done with the writing for a while.

I would suggest that if you guys want to have a better process next year that you should do what Cos suggested and have all voting done by PM to Slip. He could tabulate them and post everyone’s list on the same day the overall list is posted. It will stop all of the silliness.

Anyway whatever,
TSL   
Paradise, has it's hunter
Call me blind, call me fool
I don't mind chasing thunder
I say reaching for heaven is what I'm on Earth to do

-Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Dear Believer

Former Member -now banned

• Muted
  • Posting Machine
  • oops
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2012, 10:56:17 pm »
So... do all those men's magazines have this same sort of drama going on when they're putting their "hot chick lists" together?
Piss off a Moderator and watch what happens.

Cosmo Kramer

• Founder, Church of ATM
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • When in doubt, add more ATM
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2012, 12:18:48 am »
I think there may have been a few fights at the Maxim office.  And now that I think about it, I wonder if FHM ended their print edition because some disgruntled worker burned their building down? :D

But now the voting is done for the year, everyone can sit back, relax, and read some celebrity smut.  8)
Oh my god, I actually updated this.

1.  Add ATM
2.  Add more ATM
3.  ???
4.  Profit

April 12, 2010 - The Church of ATM is stronger than ever!

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • I got a McPheever, and I got it bad!
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2012, 03:00:11 am »
My question is how do you close up the loopholes without making it more difficult on everyone and a whole lot more difficult on the person(s) compiling the list? Force everyone to vote their real top 10/20 list? Good luck proving that someone isn't doing that. No more bribes? Again, good luck proving that backdoor deals aren't happening without hacking e-mail and instant messenger accounts or whatnot looking for proof.

Sure you could do voting completely by e-mail or PM, but you'd really have to have at least two or three people running the list and receiving the votes just to increase the chances that everything gets counted right. With one person it'd be way too easy for a ballot to fall through the cracks and not get counted, either by accident or even on purpose. But that would also mean that with the new PM system on the board where you can only send to one person at a time you'd either have to use e-mail or do three separate PMs, which would be a pain in the ass. Also, it'd give those two or three people with access to the data great power to trade that data or otherwise use it for their own purposes for the exact purposes that TSL is whining about.
She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day livin' in Reseda
There's a freeway runnin' through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart

ffstoryman

• Females of the world, get naked and unite!
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:48 am »
I really want to bring back the CSSA Awards... I really do... but with voter turnout going down again and all the arguing this year, my motivation to do so is very low.  :P

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2012, 06:24:44 am »
Actually the turnout was up slightly from 44 to 48.
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

LL

• Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Line up for fun!!!
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:53 pm »
My view is it's a bit of fun we shouldn't take to seriously and that as Slip does all the work on setting up and organising he should choose the rules that work best for him