Author Topic: 2012 CSSA Hot 100 Discussion  (Read 26617 times)

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • Jenna Ortega looks bored, she needs to get laid
Re: 2012 CSSA Hot 100 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »
I'll be surprised if anyone but me votes for Chloe but I figure I'm prepping for next year when her turning 16 will widen her appeal.

She's on my short list for the last couple spots. Unless a couple women don't get the support that have in the past and need my votes (like Natty Kat), or certain events transpire (like Selena dumping the Twatwad and reclaiming a spot), or I get bribed to include someone off the board, then she should make mine somewhere.
Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
So make a move and plead the fifth cause ya can't plead the first
So now I'm rollin down Rodeo wit a shotgun
These people ain't seen a brown skin man
Since their grandparents bought one

DanielO

• Posting Machine
  • Aly Michalka, My New Goddess.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »
First, an alert to slip: I changed my ballot, position #20. Not a change of opinion, just a mistake. I meant to write Sasha Alexander (Rizzoli & Isles), not Erika Alexander.

Second, thanks for this:

So I thought this year I'd state not where I know them from, but either my favorite story with the actresses or characters.

20 Aly Michalka (Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Gehanna by LL & MTL)

I didn't know that there was some Marti/Savannah action tucked into Gehenna. I not only enjoyed it, but it got me to work on the Aly/Ashley story I had been thinking of writing. I should be submitting it to CSSA soon.

My list this year is unchanged at the top (Aly Michalka, followed by Christina Aguilera) but does have some new names after. Two Broke Girls put Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs into my top 10, and after enjoying Rizzoli & Isles this long I thought it only right to include Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander.
The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?

InThe313

• CSSA's Official Sports Analyst
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Read "Hellcats: Season 2" now on TSSA!
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »
First, an alert to slip: I changed my ballot, position #20. Not a change of opinion, just a mistake. I meant to write Sasha Alexander (Rizzoli & Isles), not Erika Alexander.

Second, thanks for this:

So I thought this year I'd state not where I know them from, but either my favorite story with the actresses or characters.

I didn't know that there was some Marti/Savannah action tucked into Gehenna. I not only enjoyed it, but it got me to work on the Aly/Ashley story I had been thinking of writing. I should be submitting it to CSSA soon.

My list this year is unchanged at the top (Aly Michalka, followed by Christina Aguilera) but does have some new names after. Two Broke Girls put Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs into my top 10, and after enjoying Rizzoli & Isles this long I thought it only right to include Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander.
Danny Boy, based on your list, I got to ask you an important question, so please answer truthfully.  Are you really me in an alternate universe?
Baby I've had the same dream
Where I wake up
Wondering what it really means
If the world came running down
If it was
You and me against the world
Baby they cut us under but we'll take whatever we want
If it was
You and me against the world

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »
Oh, some Honorable Mentions are in order:  Emma Roberts, Rihanna, Maisie Williams, Zendaya Coleman and Bella Thorne
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 06:11:43 pm »
Oh, some Honorable Mentions ... Bella Thorne

Oddly enough, Bella seems to be the only one of my Four Jailbaits of the Apocalypse that hasn't gotten a vote yet. I'm not surprised that Chloe Moretz got a mention, or even that Ariel Winter picked up a vote considering how devastating she's been lately and how popular Modern Family is, but I would've figured Bella would've picked up a vote before Peyton List.

DanielO

• Posting Machine
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 07:56:17 pm »

Second, thanks for this:

Danny Boy, based on your list, I got to ask you an important question, so please answer truthfully.  Are you really me in an alternate universe?

Hmm, eight matching names, and ScarJo was one of the last names I eliminated from my list. Plus you're continuing Hellcats, which I definitely would do in my universe.

Sounds like a real possibility.  :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:58:21 pm by DanielO »
Pinky: I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?

DanielO

• Posting Machine
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 08:11:28 pm »
Oh, some Honorable Mentions ... Bella Thorne

Oddly enough, Bella seems to be the only one of my Four Jailbaits of the Apocalypse that hasn't gotten a vote yet. I'm not surprised that Chloe Moretz got a mention, or even that Ariel Winter picked up a vote considering how devastating she's been lately and how popular Modern Family is, but I would've figured Bella would've picked up a vote before Peyton List.

I'm not a big jailbait guy (at least compared to some others here  :) ), but I came close to putting Bella Thorne on my list. And I will predict right now that Peyton List will be in the top ten here within four years.

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 08:42:01 pm »

I'm not a big jailbait guy (at least compared to some others here  :) ), but I came close to putting Bella Thorne on my list. And I will predict right now that Peyton List will be in the top ten here within four years.

I'm not disputing her potential, she's just still a little young and raw at the moment. She's only three months younger than Ariel, but in terms of physical development they're still worlds apart. Hell, Ariel's like three months older than Bella and is quite a bit further along the curve, though Bella's been doing a helluva job playing catch up lately.

That said, I have Peyton pegged as having the highest upside of all because barring some freak ugly stick action like happened with them then Peyton is going to be one of those women that is just freakishly gorgeous. The only thing that might keep Peyton down is if Disney ends Jessie just as she's starting to come into her own and then for whatever reason she doesn't get another series or some movies to keep her in the spotlight. If that happens she could easily be forgotten by the time the more prudish members catch on to her. And remember that Disney likes to do three seasons with big episode orders for the three seasons, then canceling them before the shows start to get expensive, so Peyton would be right in that 15-16 range if that happened when most people around here are just starting to pay attention. Especially since Peyton to this point hasn't shown the more Miley-esque tendencies that has put Bella on a few more radars.

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 07:02:15 am »
If we're talking growth potential in the next couple of years I'm backing Maisie Williams.  You don't see much of her bodywise in Game of Thrones since A) She's only 12 and B) she's trying to pass as a boy much of the time but I've seen her in a couple of dance videos and posing with a sword in a leotard and yeah, definitely.

As for Peyton, so far she does nothing for me.

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

voodoojoe

• The Minor Sixty-Niner
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 10:28:41 am »
If we're talking growth potential in the next couple of years I'm backing Maisie Williams.  You don't see much of her bodywise in Game of Thrones since A) She's only 12

You talking about the character? Because the birthday I see for her would make her 15. But as often happens, we seem to be opposite sides of the similar coin because the pictures I've seen, even the ones where she's not in character, largely just make me scratch my head and chalk it up to the fanboy effect since I don't get HBO and don't watch Game of Thrones.

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 07:40:49 am »
Checked a certain database and yeah, must have done the math wrong.  Obviously part of the reason she was chosen was her boyish figure.  Still, won't change my list.  Next year will probably be a different matter.

On a different subject thought I'd address this before Victoria did with lightning and thunder:  When you vote list the names and order of your votes only.  Comments or where you found them should be saved for here.  Newbies get a pass, Monkey, you should know better.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:46:46 am by Just Plain Tricky »

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 04:18:36 pm »
With the exception of the top two, the ladies on my list came as they occurred to me as I absolutely SUCK at ranking. Chloe Moretz will be there next year, I'd say...
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 05:47:24 pm »
That's a good a way to do it as any.

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

Cosmo Kramer

• Founder, Church of ATM
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • When in doubt, add more ATM
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2012, 09:14:23 pm »
Wait, so Cindy Crawford was one of the last names Victor thought of?  What is the world coming to?

Anyway, continuing to narrow the my list down, I've got a few spots left.  So if anyone wants to bribe me for votes, now would be the time.  I mean, if I had to choose between, say, Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood/Natalie Portman, well a little extra campaigning couldn't hurt. ;)
Oh my god, I actually updated this.

1.  Add ATM
2.  Add more ATM
3.  ???
4.  Profit

April 12, 2010 - The Church of ATM is stronger than ever!

DanielO

• Posting Machine
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 09:37:38 am »

I'm not disputing her potential, she's just still a little young and raw at the moment. She's only three months younger than Ariel, but in terms of physical development they're still worlds apart. Hell, Ariel's like three months older than Bella and is quite a bit further along the curve, though Bella's been doing a helluva job playing catch up lately.

That said, I have Peyton pegged as having the highest upside of all because barring some freak ugly stick action like happened with them then Peyton is going to be one of those women that is just freakishly gorgeous. The only thing that might keep Peyton down is if Disney ends Jessie just as she's starting to come into her own and then for whatever reason she doesn't get another series or some movies to keep her in the spotlight. If that happens she could easily be forgotten by the time the more prudish members catch on to her. And remember that Disney likes to do three seasons with big episode orders for the three seasons, then canceling them before the shows start to get expensive, so Peyton would be right in that 15-16 range if that happened when most people around here are just starting to pay attention. Especially since Peyton to this point hasn't shown the more Miley-esque tendencies that has put Bella on a few more radars.

I look at Peyton at age 13 (well, now 14, but what episodes we've seen of her so far were done when she was still 13) and it's very much like what happened when 12-year-old Victoria Justice first showed up on Zoey 101: you can already see the beautiful adult woman unmistakeably there.* Not that I'm 100% right as a prophet of these things. Back when Phil of the Future was on Disney, I thought Aly Michalka was cute, but figured that Brenda Song was the one who would be the knockout adult. Not that I don't still find Brenda attractive, but, well, look at my avatar.  ;D

Even if Jessie ends early, Disney might still spin Peyton off to something else if they think she has the potential appeal. They do that more often now. I think they're still haunted by what happened when they let Britney and Christina (not to mention Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling) go after Mickey Mouse Club ended. They're not going to let someone who can attract teens and tweens go that easily again.

*[This isn't a new phenomenon, by the way. If you read James Agee's famous review of National Velvet, written in 1944, you'll see him confess to his being "choked with adoration" of the "rapturously beautiful" Elizabeth Taylor. She was 12 at the time.]