Author Topic: 2008 or 2009?  (Read 3721 times)

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
2008 or 2009?
« on: August 24, 2008, 03:03:36 am »
I have a query for you all... should we do this biannually or triannually?
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

"Follow my body." - Cat Valentine, "#MagicATM"

Just Plain Tricky

• Tortoise... or a cat.
  • Author
  • Posting Machine
  • Semi-Heroic Sociopath
Re:2008 or 2009?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 07:44:03 am »
I thought annually but if you want to make it biannual go ahead.
"Can't shake hands with the Devil and say you're only kidding"

"Your Racist Friend"
--They Might Be Giants

Doctor Doom

• The Celeb Defiler
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 02:06:30 pm »
Hopefully this isn't too confusing.  While many of the hall of fames we hear about most often do hold annual ceremonies- MLB, NFL, Rock and Roll, etc., there are lesser known halls that admit new members only as they become eligible.  Which means one year, you might have three or four new members, while on other years there won't be any.  If there are any individual celebs or writers that you feel need to be recognized at once, then I'd say let them in this year, but after that just tie HoF festivities to the annual awards.  If there aren't any new hall members, it's no big deal and kind of helps to add to the prestige associated with induction.

Victor

• Fan of soundtracks, cartoons, old TV shows, and fine celebrity females. Also I'm an Ox.
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 08:39:40 pm »
Right. I've decided on next year.  :D And the good doctor has a point about members coming in only as they're eligible, so if there aren't any eligible then...
"Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere just shared a joyful embrace in the middle of Hollywood Blvd." - Best bird-themed social networking post ever.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" - Hayden to me after I 'fessed up to being nervous.

ffstoryman

• Females of the world, get naked and unite!
  • Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 03:36:58 am »
One thing we should probably clarify is the difference between this Hall of Fame and the annual Carnage Jackson Hall of Fame Award that's given during the CSSA Awards.

Doctor Doom

• The Celeb Defiler
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:46:38 pm »
Right. I've decided on next year.  :D And the good doctor has a point about members coming in only as they're eligible, so if there aren't any eligible then...

This is the first idea I've had in quite some time that anyone has thought worth putting into effect.  Work, school, relationships, nope never seem to have anything to add, but here... I must be doing something really wrong or really right.  Oh well, glad to help :D

Victor

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 12:45:10 pm »
One thing we should probably clarify is the difference between this Hall of Fame and the annual Carnage Jackson Hall of Fame Award that's given during the CSSA Awards.

Carnage's award goes to CSSA members; this Hall of Fame is for the celebs featured.

Victor

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • The embracers.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 10:43:15 am »
And there'll definitely be one new entrant next year.  :)